2015 Edge Shipping?

I would take production times with a grain of salt. My Sport was supposed to be built on 5/4 and delivered on 5/18. Production was pushed back to 5/13 and the car is built waiting to be delivered. I guess there's some sort of parts hold affecting 5,000 vehicles at the plant.

I would take production times with a grain of salt. My Sport was supposed to be built on 5/4 and delivered on 5/18. Production was pushed back to 5/13 and the car is built waiting to be delivered. I guess there's some sort of parts hold affecting 5,000 vehicles at the plant.

Ā 

If the car is built, hard to imagine there is a parts hold keeping it there.

Ā 

If the car is built, hard to imagine there is a parts hold keeping it there.

I found that odd, but my dad verified that it does happen from time to time. He said that if it's a non critical part they will sometime produce the car and then go back to install it at a later date before shipping.

I found that odd, but my dad verified that it does happen from time to time. He said that if it's a non critical part they will sometime produce the car and then go back to install it at a later date before shipping.

Ā 

This. If it's something that can be added later easily they may build them and hold them. It probably depends on how busy the line is and what other vehicles are in queue, etc. etc. but it does happen. Wheels would be a good example - easy to swap out later. Or trim pieces.

Ā 

This. If it's something that can be added later easily they may build them and hold them. It probably depends on how busy the line is and what other vehicles are in queue, etc. etc. but it does happen. Wheels would be a good example - easy to swap out later. Or trim pieces.

Ā 

I have also heard that (sometimes) when they hold cars like this, the first car built ends up at the very back of the lot. Therefore, when they pull the cars back in the shop, the last car out of the assembly line actually gets the correction. When there thousands of cars to fix, things like that happen!

That's generally true. They park them as closely as possible so it's usually last one in, first one out. This was a big problem during the Fusion/MKZ launch in 2012 when they had thousands of vehicles that had to be held and in some cases shipped to a different plant. This is also why they only build dealer stock orders initially for a new model so that the ones that get stuck in limbo are not customer orders.

How does the new car look, especially the cargo package?

Love the sport. When I dropped the 51D package they found a sport on a lot near me but it was missing the Cargo package. My dealer said that he would order the package separately. I questioned this because there is not an cargo accessory option online. He said that the 3 components are all from different suppliers and Ford puts it together as a package. He has access to those suppliers and ordered directly from them. It's funny you asked at this point in time because I just received a call from the Dealer that the cargo accessory package was all in. I hope I have time to get over there today for them to install the bumper protector.

I did get my VIN yesterday, after ordering on April 29.

Your one step closer to getting your Edge!

I just checked etis ford this am and it looks like I finally have an actual build date of 28.05.2015.

Does that mean that my car has started being built on May 28 or if it was finished building that date? I received word from Mariel that my ETA is June 28, so I'm pretty pumped!

Ā 

Oh and congrats Hum099 on your new sport! I too got the cargo package and am keen to know how it all looks! Please keep us updated.

Edited by Louis Ve

Picked up and installed the cargo package. The tonneau cover is the roller type. It has flaps on the back that hook onto the head rests. This allows the seat to tilt without interfering with the cover. It also has a flap on the front which can be turned up, down or stay straight. It locks in each position. The cargo cover is quite thin but fits very nice. Easy to lift to get under to the compartments where the spare tire is. The bumper guard is a very thin piece of vinyl but on my white edge looks pretty nice. It also has EDGE embossed in the centre. If I get a chance I will post some pics tomorrow.

Here are the pics I promised. I took one with it fully opened and fully retracted. Also took one with the flap down and up. There is also a pic showing the clip for the headrest. I also included a pic of the ford cargo organizer with the cooler bag, I was sick of having a pile of oddball bags in the vehicle.

post-34932-0-85192400-1432986043_thumb.jpgpost-34932-0-88523200-1432986044_thumb.jpgpost-34932-0-80614700-1432986045_thumb.jpgpost-34932-0-60711100-1432986046_thumb.jpgpost-34932-0-18003400-1432986047_thumb.jpgpost-34932-0-31658200-1432986048_thumb.jpgpost-34932-0-31636500-1432986049_thumb.jpg

I do not have the box for the bumper protector because they opened that at the dealership but I think it has that on the ford site. I have the other two. This is right off the boxes.

Ā 

Cover FT4Z-5845440-AA

Ā 

Cargo Area Protector Edge 2015+ FT4Z-6111600-AB

• Like 1

The cargo net is small for the edge in my opinion. The stock one in my Mustang is larger. You can hold maybe two grocery bags in it.

Ā 

I like the cargo cover....I'm just trying to find a reason why I need it. Please someone convince me.

Security! Last thing you'd want is some lookie lou checking the back for a crime of opportunity ;)

I ordered a black fully loaded titanium with the driver assist package, on May 25th. How long will it take to get a vin and for it to be shipped to a dealer in SE Tennessee?

The driver assit package has been delayed until late September if I'm not mistaken.