2015 Edge Shipping?

I am not a stock professional, but see no reason whatsoever that GM is double that of Ford...I still think that F stock is the best "undervalued" stock out there and will continue to buy as many shares as possible. Chrysler/Fiat is even over $25 I think...WTF?

Just some info you might be interested in knowing. Don't get upset about Ford's price per share, it does not relate to the real value of the company.

Today, the market capitalization for Ford is $64.64 billion.

For GM the market cap is $62.24 billion.

For Chrysler/Fiat the market cap is $20.89 billion.

Ford has just issued more shares than the others.

Market capitalization (or market cap) is the total dollar market value of the shares outstanding of a publicly traded company; it is equal to the share price times the number of shares outstanding.

• Like 1

Boy did I make a mistake, had a buyer of my wife's edge so sold it thinking would order a new fully equipped Edge Titanium. thought would be 4-6 weeks Now told will be built april 6, reading the post here seems it could take 6 weeks after build before it will ship. If that is the case they should call it a 2016 as will be almost time for 2016 to come out unless ford screws around with them to. The ford dealer finance my sell and did a pass through so it would credit on sales tax, they are holding $18000 of my money or would think about the volvo suv

It won't take 6 weeks before shipping. Where did you get that? Now that the OK to buy has been given all newly built Edges will ship directly from the assembly line. It might take 2-3 weeks to arrive but there isn't a hold on shipping. That's one reason they wait for OK to buy for sold orders so they don't have to wait.

It won't take 6 weeks before shipping. Where did you get that? Now that the OK to buy has been given all newly built Edges will ship directly from the assembly line. It might take 2-3 weeks to arrive but there isn't a hold on shipping. That's one reason they wait for OK to buy for sold orders so they don't have to wait.

Yea just us poor "pre job 1" have to wait months to get our vehicles after they have been bullt. Mine was built the last week I january and is sitting somewhere at the plant waiting for someone to physically check it out and fix whatever might be unacceptable. You will probably see yours sooner than I see mine...oh well....I hope that ford will let me order a 2016 in the next couple months anyways, so who knows o may have this one for a month or two before getting a 2016. That happened to my wife, she finally received her ordered car and within 8 weeks she had to order another, newer model and she took delivery of the newer vehicle within 4 months of her getting her prior ordered vehicle...

Yea just us poor "pre job 1" have to wait months to get our vehicles after they have been bullt. Mine was built the last week I january and is sitting somewhere at the plant waiting for someone to physically check it out and fix whatever might be unacceptable. You will probably see yours sooner than I see mine...oh well....I hope that ford will let me order a 2016 in the next couple months anyways, so who knows o may have this one for a month or two before getting a 2016. That happened to my wife, she finally received her ordered car and within 8 weeks she had to order another, newer model and she took delivery of the newer vehicle within 4 months of her getting her prior ordered vehicle...

It was during the MKZ launch actually

I've received my VIN for my stock Sport. It doesn't have an ETA yet though. For those interested... http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2FMTK4AP8FBB15376

I tried to plug in my VIN on that site but get "invalid VIN":

<Response status="FAILURE" ttl="86400">

<debug/>

<Error>

com.forddirect.services.exception.WindowStickerInvalidArgumentException: Argument : VIN- Invalid VIN passed.

</Error>

<Message>Argument : VIN- Invalid VIN passed.</Message>

</Response>

My VIN does match at Ford Etis, but that shows very little information at this time (Edge not built yet).

I'm looking for that sheet I've seen, can't remember where, that shows the various dates (expected build, actual build, etc.). Anyone have access to that?

I tried to plug in my VIN on that site but get "invalid VIN":

<Response status="FAILURE" ttl="86400">

<debug/>

<Error>

com.forddirect.services.exception.WindowStickerInvalidArgumentException: Argument : VIN- Invalid VIN passed.

</Error>

<Message>Argument : VIN- Invalid VIN passed.</Message>

</Response>

My VIN does match at Ford Etis, but that shows very little information at this time (Edge not built yet).

I'm looking for that sheet I've seen, can't remember where, that shows the various dates (expected build, actual build, etc.). Anyone have access to that?

PM me your vin and email, I'll check it tomorrow.

Magnetic,
Do you know when they will start the 2016 production Edges and will they have SYNC 3? My lease is up in October, and I hope the 2016s are available by then with SYNC 3.

There is no official start date on the '16's. Last min bugs are being worked out of Sync 3 and I will assume it will be ready in time for the '16. Sync 3 is a pretty nice system with zero lag and the map scrolling is very smooth.

OK, today the dealer gave me a VIN for the Edge Sport I ordered on January 2. Status date 3/24 and ETA week *4/27. I assume the *=estimate. I found a site that decodes the VIN but I thought I also could track progress of building and shipping somewhere. Blind alleys abound. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

• Like 1

Perhaps I have partially answered my own question with the Q&A in this forum.

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/dealers-purchases-orders/3642-track-ford-vehicle-vin-thru-build.html

The postings on the first page are the clues. Entering my VIN, I get the dummy build date of 30.11.0002 that suggests to me that a status date and build date have different meanings.

Guidance, pointers, tips, help... all welcome. :)

Just thought I would give an update....my edge was built last week of January, Pre-job 1......sitting somewhere at the plant, no word yet as far as shipping to WHQ or when I will see it....getting closer to the time when I will have to pull those jet-ski trailers out of winter storage and get those sleds in the water....maybe I will put a U-haul trial ire bitch on my 2014 Lincoln MKS....that would be a classy look!,!

Just thought I would give an update....my edge was built last week of January, Pre-job 1......sitting somewhere at the plant, no word yet as far as shipping to WHQ or when I will see it....getting closer to the time when I will have to pull those jet-ski trailers out of winter storage and get those sleds in the water....maybe I will put a U-haul trial ire bitch on my 2014 Lincoln MKS....that would be a classy look!,!

I meant "trailer hitch"

Ok so other than Tron and his bad ass electric spice sport, has anyone else taken delivery of their new edge yet? Even seen one on the road? I saw a sport in cleveland at a dealer, in inventory, white platinum tri-coat......pretty sharp! I have not seen one or heard anything from anyone that is expecting a new edge......oh well, :( another week in the Lincoln.....

• Like 1

It's funny, my dealer has about 5 on order for customers. They are waiting, waiting, waiting. They do have one Titanium in the showroom in the tuxedo black (if I had known it was a metallic black I may have ordered that color, it's beautiful) .

Just putting it out there, that I LOVE my Edge. It might not be as luxurious as a MKX but it is nice enough for me. I fit in it so well being 6'4" and I love the seats.

Ok so other than Tron and his bad ass electric spice sport, has anyone else taken delivery of their new edge yet? Even seen one on the road? I saw a sport in cleveland at a dealer, in inventory, white platinum tri-coat......pretty sharp! I have not seen one or heard anything from anyone that is expecting a new edge......oh well, :( another week in the Lincoln.....

I test drove one. I can't believe how many features they do pack in the Titanium considering it's not a "luxury" brand.