2015 Edge Shipping?

I just got my wifes White Edge Sport. It was made on May 7th but wasn't delivered till this past friday. (I live about 2 hours from the plant). A contact I have told me that they are sending a bunch of edges to Windsor for repair. There are lots of different reasons for repair. In my edge, there was a card with notes from the technician on the line pointing out issues that have to be repaired. On my edge, there was 3 issues. They were all repaired and looks like nothing ever happened.

I just got my wifes White Edge Sport. It was made on May 7th but wasn't delivered till this past friday. (I live about 2 hours from the plant). A contact I have told me that they are sending a bunch of edges to Windsor for repair. There are lots of different reasons for repair. In my edge, there was a card with notes from the technician on the line pointing out issues that have to be repaired. On my edge, there was 3 issues. They were all repaired and looks like nothing ever happened.

Its good to hear that the problems were identified and repaired without issue Rob! I hope you and your wife have been enjoying your new Edge!

Ā 

I'm now waiting for my titanium to ship as I think the build is nearing/finished completion. Just out of curiosity, what kind of issues were found on your Edge?

Ā 

Louis

Ā 

What kind of issues did it say?

Quote from Automotove News interview with Joe Hinrichs, Ford President of the Americas:

Ā 

"CFO Bob Shanks said Ford missed out on $1 billion in profits in the first quarter because F-150 and Edge production was down 75,000 vehicles.

What we said is that we were running about 40 percent less F-150 production than the first quarter of last year and 50 percent less Edge than last year."

Today (June 2) from the Associated Press:

Ā 

"Ford will shorten the traditional summer shut-down at some of its plants for the third consecutive year to meet rising demand.

The company recorded its strongest April in nine years with sales of the revamped Ford Edge midsize SUV rising 78 percent from the previous year, the best sales ever for that model in that month.

The Edge is one of the vehicles that the company cited Tuesday for the need to increase production. Others include F-150 pickups, the Escape and the Explorer. The company says that it will produce almost an additional 40,000 vehicles this summer with plants open longer.

Six assembly plants, as well as supporting powertrain and stamping plants, will shut down for one week beginning June 29, rather than the usual two weeks. Locations include Chicago, Dearborn Truck in Michigan, Kansas City, Oakville in Ontario, Canada and two locations in Louisville, Kentucky."

Ā 

Bad news for my order, if they shut down Oakville at the end of this month. I am guessing that my Edge will not make that cut-off and will therefore be delayed even longer. What I don't understand is how Edge sales are up 78% compared to last year while production is down 50%. Are they counting orders as "sales", while the orders back up because not enough vehicles are being produced? Or were they cranking out large volumes of 2014 models last year that they weren't selling then?

• Like 1

What I don't understand is how Edge sales are up 78% compared to last year while production is down 50%. Are they counting orders as "sales", while the orders back up because not enough vehicles are being produced? Or were they cranking out large volumes of 2014 models last year that they weren't selling then?

Ā 

They only count sales when they're delivered to the customer. Orders don't count. It's a combination of new sales plus sales of existing 2014s that were already on the lots.

Today (June 2) from the Associated Press:

Ā 

"Ford will shorten the traditional summer shut-down at some of its plants for the third consecutive year to meet rising demand.

The company recorded its strongest April in nine years with sales of the revamped Ford Edge midsize SUV rising 78 percent from the previous year, the best sales ever for that model in that month.

The Edge is one of the vehicles that the company cited Tuesday for the need to increase production. Others include F-150 pickups, the Escape and the Explorer. The company says that it will produce almost an additional 40,000 vehicles this summer with plants open longer.

Six assembly plants, as well as supporting powertrain and stamping plants, will shut down for one week beginning June 29, rather than the usual two weeks. Locations include Chicago, Dearborn Truck in Michigan, Kansas City, Oakville in Ontario, Canada and two locations in Louisville, Kentucky."

Ā 

Bad news for my order, if they shut down Oakville at the end of this month. I am guessing that my Edge will not make that cut-off and will therefore be delayed even longer. What I don't understand is how Edge sales are up 78% compared to last year while production is down 50%. Are they counting orders as "sales", while the orders back up because not enough vehicles are being produced? Or were they cranking out large volumes of 2014 models last year that they weren't selling then?

2014 sales were especially weak. That's what happens when you announce new products, customers stop buying the old one.

2014 sales were especially weak. That's what happens when you announce new products, customers stop buying the old one.

Not to mention the fuel prices were significantly higher too. Any by the way, does anyone else feel that the picture of the "old body style" on the front page of the forum needs to be updated to current? Almost as if the new ones don't have "attitude" or bad ass while on the move....come on ford Forum people...get it up to speed...

• Like 1

Its good to hear that the problems were identified and repaired without issue Rob! I hope you and your wife have been enjoying your new Edge!

Ā 

I'm now waiting for my titanium to ship as I think the build is nearing/finished completion. Just out of curiosity, what kind of issues were found on your Edge?

Ā 

Louis

Ā 

Sure, Here are some pictures of my wifes Edge along with the card left in the vehicle.

Ā 

I am good friends with the dealer so when my edge came in they took the picture for me.

Ā 

IMG-20150529-00535.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Here is it when I picked it up. They didn't detail or anything as I wanted to do that. PDI was all they did.

20150530_182604.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Now here is the card that was in the vehicle. Now the door/paint issue I was concerned but I cannot tell at all that it was repaired. Looks Perfect!! So I am a happy camper! (please excuse my dirty hands, I was doing house chores outside when I found out my edge had arrived).

20150529_162325.jpg

Edited by Syclone Rob
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing! That white and black looks so pro!

I'm glad to hear they did a good job repairing those issues and even more surprised that they would include the repair card. It's nice to see that they're pretty transparent about the whole process.

Ā 

And fear not about the dirty hands! Priorities right!? ;)

I ordered the 2015 Edge Sport, the Dealer placed the order Feb 18, it was built mid March and had an ETA of April 19. I pre-sold my 2013 Edge, detailed it and safitied it only for that date to be changed to "waiting delivery". Multiple calls to Ford Canada customer service have given me absolutely nothing and no one can give me any kind of estimate of when I can expect to see my vehicle. I canot even get a straight answer as to why there is a delay. I was told at one point that it was not affected by any quality control issue. It's now been 16 weeks, I'm super frustrated, especially with the lack of communication from Ford! I just want to get an ETA on this vehicle but no one seems to know anything (or at least that is what they keep telling me).

Ā 

Any suggestions?

I ordered the 2015 Edge Sport, the Dealer placed the order Feb 18, it was built mid March and had an ETA of April 19. I pre-sold my 2013 Edge, detailed it and safitied it only for that date to be changed to "waiting delivery". Multiple calls to Ford Canada customer service have given me absolutely nothing and no one can give me any kind of estimate of when I can expect to see my vehicle. I canot even get a straight answer as to why there is a delay. I was told at one point that it was not affected by any quality control issue. It's now been 16 weeks, I'm super frustrated, especially with the lack of communication from Ford! I just want to get an ETA on this vehicle but no one seems to know anything (or at least that is what they keep telling me).

Ā 

Any suggestions?

Hey Cheeky,

Ā 

16 weeks is definitely a long wait. I would suggest contacting Mariel and/or Kwasi as they are our official Ford reps for Canada. I've contacted them via PM and their forum name is FordServiceCA. They've been great at helping me with my factory order.

• Like 1

I just noticed the Edge I ordered is listed on my dealership website as a new arrival for sale. It is my VIN and even shows on the window sticker Special Order with my last name... Dealership has not notified me that it was in... :ohsnap:I have a message in to my Salesperson. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ā 

Any suggestions?

Ā 

You can also file a complaint to Ford using the following link: https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html#tab2

Ā 

Scroll to the bottom and select "Email Ford Investor Relations".

Ā 

As stated, PM FordServiceCA they may be able to help.

Ā 

Another dealer may be willing to help you, you will talk to talk to the person who does ordering at the dealer. Based on my experience, talking to most salesrep will get you nowhere. You need the person who submits to orders to ford.

Ā 

Etienne.

I just noticed the Edge I ordered is listed on my dealership website as a new arrival for sale. It is my VIN and even shows on the window sticker Special Order with my last name... Dealership has not notified me that it was in... :ohsnap:I have a message in to my Salesperson. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ā 

Was it listed on the dealer's private website with actual pictures, or is it just listed on Ford's dealer inventory website? If it's just on the Ford website, it will show that it's in stock before it actually arrives at the dealership. It's probably still in transit. I wouldn't worry too much - just check with the dealership to confirm.

Hi akirby - I confirmed it is at the dealership! Salesperson was out last week when it arrived... I've been reassured it is not being test driven by anyone else :victory: Setting up delivery sometime next week!

Ā 

Was it listed on the dealer's private website with actual pictures, or is it just listed on Ford's dealer inventory website? If it's just on the Ford website, it will show that it's in stock before it actually arrives at the dealership. It's probably still in transit. I wouldn't worry too much - just check with the dealership to confirm.

Ā 

I think this is unacceptable as well

Ā 

If the car is at the dealer, they should not need more than 1 day to prep for delivery. Hell....they could prep for delivery while you sign the papers.

Ā 

Unless they have to install something special that requires this long wait, then waiting a week is not cool.

I cannot take delivery until then as I am out of the Country...good reason :)

Ā 

I was just very surprised to see it pop up on the dealer website before I knew it was even delivered...and of course I don't want anyone else out driving it!

Ā 

Ā 

If the car is at the dealer, they should not need more than 1 day to prep for delivery. Hell....they could prep for delivery while you sign the papers.

Ā 

Unless they have to install something special that requires this long wait, then waiting a week is not cool.

Hey Cheeky,

Ā 

16 weeks is definitely a long wait. I would suggest contacting Mariel and/or Kwasi as they are our official Ford reps for Canada. I've contacted them via PM and their forum name is FordServiceCA. They've been great at helping me with my factory order.

Ā 

Thank you! I will definitely reach out to them! I sure hope they can better assist me. The Customer Relations Centre has been a joke. Terrible service and no one can give me anything (despite multiple calls and emails).

You can also file a complaint to Ford using the following link: https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html#tab2

Ā 

Scroll to the bottom and select "Email Ford Investor Relations".

Ā 

As stated, PM FordServiceCA they may be able to help.

Ā 

Another dealer may be willing to help you, you will talk to talk to the person who does ordering at the dealer. Based on my experience, talking to most salesrep will get you nowhere. You need the person who submits to orders to ford.

Ā 

Etienne.

Thank you Etienne. I will try emailing that link. I sent an email to the Customer Relations department and despite an auto-reply stating they would get back to me within 3 business days, it has now been 6 business days and I have not heard a thing!

Ā 

My dealer has been awesome and I have been working with the guy that does the ordering, unfortunately they can get any info either, all I keep hearing is it is waiting shipment! So frustrating!

Ā 

On another note, what did you end up doing? Did you get an Edge through another dealer?

Thank you Etienne. I will try emailing that link. I sent an email to the Customer Relations department and despite an auto-reply stating they would get back to me within 3 business days, it has now been 6 business days and I have not heard a thing!

Ā 

My dealer has been awesome and I have been working with the guy that does the ordering, unfortunately they can get any info either, all I keep hearing is it is waiting shipment! So frustrating!

Ā 

On another note, what did you end up doing? Did you get an Edge through another dealer?

Ā 

The day I decided to cancel the order, my dealer finally got the VIN ! My ETA is June 21st and ford etis shows my car was built. I have decided to wait, but if there are extensive delays on shipping I will cancel.

Ā 

Etienne.