2015 Edge Shipping?

Hi akirby - I confirmed it is at the dealership! Salesperson was out last week when it arrived... I've been reassured it is not being test driven by anyone else :victory: Setting up delivery sometime next week!

I have learned from the same experiences, that you cannot "trust" where your vehicle is in the shipping process. I have numerous times been told that it is somewhere in point "A" only to be called and told, "come get it, it's here and ready to go". With all the tech in these things today, I would think that they could track these units with a gps unit...hell fedex does all over the world and millions more units too. As far as the automotive industry has come with technology, sometimes it amazes me how far behind they are in the "total technology" being used. Would it be terribly difficult yo scan the bar code for each vehicle as it climbs onto a car hauler and then have that info available? I know that the technology is there, but for whatever reason it is not being used, or if it is, it is not available to us.....

• Like 1

I have learned from the same experiences, that you cannot "trust" where your vehicle is in the shipping process. I have numerous times been told that it is somewhere in point "A" only to be called and told, "come get it, it's here and ready to go". With all the tech in these things today, I would think that they could track these units with a gps unit...hell fedex does all over the world and millions more units too. As far as the automotive industry has come with technology, sometimes it amazes me how far behind they are in the "total technology" being used. Would it be terribly difficult yo scan the bar code for each vehicle as it climbs onto a car hauler and then have that info available? I know that the technology is there, but for whatever reason it is not being used, or if it is, it is not available to us.....

Ā 

I think it is just not available to the customer. Ford knows exactly where their cars are until they land at the Dealer lot. Much like UPS knows where their packages are.

Ā 

I think as a dealer I'd want this information available for me to keep my customers informed. Simple service to enter the customer's email address where they'd get automated emails telling them their vehicle is now in the holding, now on the truck to XYZ Dealer, arrived at dealer, etc.

I think it is just not available to the customer. Ford knows exactly where their cars are until they land at the Dealer lot. Much like UPS knows where their packages are.

Ā 

I think as a dealer I'd want this information available for me to keep my customers informed. Simple service to enter the customer's email address where they'd get automated emails telling them their vehicle is now in the holding, now on the truck to XYZ Dealer, arrived at dealer, etc.

This is exactly why I am feeling so frustrated! Multiple calls to Customer Service just end up with the same info, that no one knows when my vehicle will be shipped, only that it is waiting for shipment. It has been waiting shipment for over 2 months (built March 27). I feel that Ford should want their customers to be happy and would gladly share info with us (at minimum provide it to the Customer Service centre and dealers). I find it really hard to believe that no one knows why mine is taking so long nor do they have any idea how much longer it will take, not even an estimate!

This is exactly why I am feeling so frustrated! Multiple calls to Customer Service just end up with the same info, that no one knows when my vehicle will be shipped, only that it is waiting for shipment. It has been waiting shipment for over 2 months (built March 27). I feel that Ford should want their customers to be happy and would gladly share info with us (at minimum provide it to the Customer Service centre and dealers). I find it really hard to believe that no one knows why mine is taking so long nor do they have any idea how much longer it will take, not even an estimate!

Ā 

Maybe it was built and then surrounded by other cars in the holding lot with the thoughts they'd all be shipped soon. The some sort of hold was put on the ones surrounding your car so it gets delayed behind the others.

Ā 

That is just some crazy wild guess. I bought mine from dealer stock. It was built and delivered in April a few days before I saw it on the lot.

I know one thing. If I ordered an Edge, it was built in March, and has been sitting in the lot since then with the possibility of the leak issue, I'd cancel. No way would I risk it having swamped floors baking in the sun while they figure out which ones are messed up. I'd order a '16 once I know they rectified the leaking issue. Good piece of mind PLUS sync 3.

Edited by WingNut

I ordered at the end of April. I have a VIN, but still no estimated date of delivery. I am going to wait until the nine-week mark at the very end of June. If the vehicle is not built by then, I will probably cancel the order. I figure that if it has not been built after nine weeks, the actual delivery at that point is going to be a LONG time off. In other words, the longer it takes to even schedule manufacture and build, the longer the time I would imagine it will then take afterwards for subsequent delivery. I have been checking inventory at Ford's site and my dealer does not appear to have had any 2015 Edge Sports of their own, even as demos, for weeks. They had some in around the time I placed my order, but not since. If dealers do not have units in to even display, that's got to tell you that a customer special order is not going to be a high priority.

Ā 

The bad thing is that dealers still have an incentive to accept orders, even if they know they will never be filled in any reasonable amount of time or maybe never fulfilled. They get to hold onto deposit money and a get a vehicle ordered with a buyer waiting. Even if half the people get disgusted and cancel, they still have the other customers to string along. Maybe they will buy a different Ford vehicle. At least they are not buying a competitor's vehicle in the mean time. In the end, they know that can still quickly sell that vehicle if it ever comes in, even if the original buyer cancels. They key to all of this is honestly disclosing up front to buyers that they may be waiting months for their car. That disclosure doesn't seem to be happening. Have we gotten to the point where we have to get complicated real-estate type sales contracts drawn up, to even order a car?

Maybe it was built and then surrounded by other cars in the holding lot with the thoughts they'd all be shipped soon. The some sort of hold was put on the ones surrounding your car so it gets delayed behind the others.

Ā 

That is just some crazy wild guess. I bought mine from dealer stock. It was built and delivered in April a few days before I saw it on the lot.

That is exactly what I think may have happened....it's unfortunate they can't just tell me or even better, get out there and move the other vehicles out of the way!

That is exactly what I think may have happened....it's unfortunate they can't just tell me or even better, get out there and move the other vehicles out of the way!

Ā 

It is a logistical nightmare I'm sure. Especially when one of these unplanned holds pop up. And they probably have no clue at this point when it'll move to be shipped until everything around it is cleared to leave.

I know one thing. If I ordered an Edge, it was built in March, and has been sitting in the lot since then with the possibility of the leak issue, I'd cancel. No way would I risk it having swamped floors baking in the sun while they figure out which ones are messed up. I'd order a '16 once I know they rectified the leaking issue. Good piece of mind PLUS sync 3.

What is this leak issue? I haven't heard about that one. I heard about a steering column issue and a gas tank issue, nothing about leaking....maybe I should reconsider and wait for a 2016!

What is this leak issue? I haven't heard about that one. I heard about a steering column issue and a gas tank issue, nothing about leaking....maybe I should reconsider and wait for a 2016!

Ā 

Gas Tank and Steering issue really aren't a concern in 2015 models. But there is the issue with people finding puddles of water in their floors.

Ā 

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17965-driver-floor-is-soaking-wet/

Ā 

And we've yet to hear anything official from Ford. Just letting the customer's cars fill up.

LOL!!! Just received a promotional email from Ford today with the image below at the top of it. Notice the caption reads 2015 Edge, but the picture is of a 2014 model. If you guys have a new 2015 Edge ordered, make sure that they don't try to deliver you a 2014...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

ff0a6fad-6.jpg

• Like 2

My 2015 Edge AWD Titanium was ordered on 4/13. On 5/28 I received news that a VIN had been generated. Just now, I checked on the Etis site and saw a build date of 30.11.0002. What in the world does that mean?

That means your car will be built on the thirtieth of November in the second year of the new world order.

• Like 1

That's reassuring! I'm happy to hear that all is well with your new Edge! I should be expecting mine to land on my dealer's lot early next week and am hoping mine is dry too.

Ā 

Can I ask you what the build date was for your Edge?

Ā 

Build date was 5/20/15. Titanium AWD V6 with hitch.

Ā 

post-34980-0-06542500-1434502264_thumb.jpgpost-34980-0-29205300-1434502294_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bossross