I have been a solid Toyota owner (and fan) and I just switched to American cars because the hubby works for Ford now. I leased a new 2015 Ford Edge. It has only been 2 weeks since I got it. But Ford already let me down big time.

On my way home yesterday, I noticed that the driver floor was wet. I got out of the car, took the rubber mat off and the floor mat. When I flipped the floor mat to its side, there was a steady stream of water for a good 10 minutes. Then I tried to get as much water from the floor as I can (by using a rag and dab it on the carpet) but it is still wet... and dirty musty water too.

What could be wrong? A friend said that it could be a missing floor grommet. My husband said that it could be the AC house that was accidentally re-directed to the inside (but I haven't been using the AC lately though).

I told my husband to take it back to the dealership and switch for another one because the car smells musty now and I don't want to risk any molds growing under there (my family and I have allergies).

Does anybody have an idea on what it could be?

Thanks.

I have the same problem with my 2015 ford edge sport. It is the body seal on the drivers side. it is production FAIL.. I returned my back to the deal and got another one. I got real lucky it was 48 hours old and a heavy rain storm came thru town. The next morning I found a puddle in the driver floor board just like you described. After a few days at the dealer the Ford service rep found the body seal behind the front driver strut mount. Take it Back it is a known fault the 2015 Ford edge sports. hope this helps. if you need my old vin i'll be happy to sent it to you to help with the claim with Ford

Losthawaiian

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting your problem. I've been watching this topic because I loved my new Ford Edge for four days. On the fifth day I got into the car and the driver's floorboard was a wading pool. I immediately called the dealer. As of today the dealer has had my car BACK for longer than I had it. They "dried out" the carpet and pad and think they have sealed the leak, but as someone who knows what water damage can do I was hoping (expecting) Ford to make this right. Their solution is to instruct the dealerships to dry the carpet, seal the leak and give it back. The dealer has offered to 'replace' the car, but I would have to pay taxes and tags AGAIN. I'm not sure exactly how much that is since my sales slip is in the glovebox and my car is at the dealership, but I think it's roughly $1700.

When Ford was called to see how they were handling this problem, their rep said that if the dealership was offering to replace the car for 'just the taxes and tags' that they were going above and beyond and we should take it. I think that THIS PROBLEM WAS NOT MY DOING and Ford should provide me with what I paid for- a new car without water damage.

I've been driving my trusty DRY Ford WIndstar again and regret even thinking of replacing it. Unfortunately it looks like I will be picking up my DEFECTIVE PATCHED UP Edge in the next day or two and be making car payments for the next few years on a vehicle that rolled off the line defective.

here is what happen to my 2015 Sport edge experience:

found a 2015 Ford Edge Sport black on black, and drove one home that Friday night. On the second day the Edge we had a huge rain storm and found a leak that got water all over the driver floor board. We were quite upset and took it back to JC Lewis to complain and spoke to Mike again and the General sales Manager Ashley Hill. They we courteous helpful and ordered another Edge (VIN #2) from out of state to replace it, and gave us a loaner until it came in. You know it a total new design and I just got a bad one right. Well we got to pick up the second Edge about 4 days later and completed the new paperwork and drove home the second Edge. Second day owning it (see a pattern here) we started to get all kind of sensor errors and crazy stuff happening to the truck. The cross traffic sensors, blind spot sensors, HVAC system, front power windows, front camera system, Air Bag lights, and several other system all failed. Again we took it into JC Lewis and service dept and got us into another loaner. This time I called Corp Ford Motor Company and got to Speak with Jill a regional service rep. After a few phone calls and voicemail tag Corp Ford was completely unhelpful and gave me the worst impression of Ford and how they wouldn’t stand behind their product. After 2 weeks of Corp Ford service support woking with the dealer still not able to fix it. Now I'm on my 3rd VIN and this one seems to be good. if theVIN's go in order the 3rd one is 17890 from the first one I had.

Hope you get a another Edge Now that this one work I still like the truck, but and I feel your pain. Good luck

I don't have a photo since the car is staying at the dealership until we can reach an agreement, but I think our issue was around the door hinge. Apparently there is a service bulletin out and our service tech ran the VIN. Ford knows about this problem.

I've been trying to find more info on all this, but haven't seen much. I did just find a recall notice on cars.com about steering but mentions sealer in the text. (?) Makes me think they're trying to fix bad seals while repairing bad steering parts. Makes me also think I've purchased visitation rights to a 2015 Edge that lives on a lift at the dealership- ugh

Recall Number: 15V250000 Recall Date: 04/28/2015

Component: STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM

Problem Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured February 3, 2012, to March 20, 2015, and 2015 Ford Edge vehicles manufactured February 26, 2015, to February 28, 2015, and originally sold, or currently registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. In the affected vehicles, snow or water containing road salt or other contaminants may corrode the electric power steering gear motor attachment bolts.

Consequence: If the bolts corrode, the steering gear motor may detach from the gear housing resulting in a loss of power steering assist. Loss of power steering assist would require a higher steering effort, especially at lower speeds, which may increase the risk of a crash.

What Owners Should Do: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will apply sealer and replace the steering gear motor bolts as required. If one or more of the steering gear motor attachment bolts are broken or missing, a new steering gear will be installed in the vehicle. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall is expected to begin June 22, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S14.

• Like 2

Sealer just means some sort of water-resistant product they will use to protect the steering gear mounting bolts. No seals involved. Long ago Ford had recalls on Taurus vehicles for similar problems with subframe bolts. Fortunately did not have the pleasure of having this part fail on me ;)

To:
All Ford and Lincoln - Mercury Dealers

Subject:
Safety Recall 98S36 - Certain 1986 - 1995 Taurus and Sable and 1988 - 1994 Continental Vehicles - Sub-Frame Rear Plate Nut Replacement

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Certain 1986-1995 Taurus and Sable and 1988-1994 Continental vehicles that were originally sold or are currently registered in the following U.S. states and Canadian Provinces:

U.S. States:
Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Illinois Indiana
Iowa Kansas Kentucky Maine Maryland
Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Missouri Nebraska
New Hampshire New Jersey New York Ohio Pennsylvania
Rhode Island Vermont Virginia West Virginia Wisconsin

Canadian Provinces:
Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland Nova Scotia
Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec

REASONS FOR RECALL

The body mounts on the rear corners of the sub-frame that support the engine and transmission may separate. This can occur if the lower retainer plate of the mount or the retaining plate nut becomes severely corroded from long term exposure to road salts and retention of moisture in the mounts. This corrosion can weaken the retainer plate of the mount or the retaining plate nut severely enough to allow the bolt head to pull through the washer or out of the nut. Should both rear mounts separate, the rear of the sub-frame will drop and steering may suddenly become difficult. This could result in an accident.

SERVICE ACTION

To correct this condition, dealers will replace the attaching bolts, plate nuts and the reinforcement plates on the bottom of the sub-frame rear body mounts, on all affected vehicles.

Unbelievable !!

I cannot believe I found this thread. I took delivery of a 2015 edge about 6 weeks ago.

On the weekend I decided to vacuum a bit. I removed the passenger mat and its was REALLY wet under there .....could not figure out why. I then took out the drivers side.....and has that white dried carpet appearance . I have this problem for sure.

I willl be calling the dealer first thing. I really do not want to be in a car 3 years that is full of road grime , salt etc at new.

Has anyone seen a formal recall on this ?

Thank you

...On my way home yesterday, I noticed that the driver floor was wet. I got out of the car, took the rubber mat off and the floor mat. When I flipped the floor mat to its side, there was a steady stream of water for a good 10 minutes...

Hi, folks!

I'm Crystal; I'll be helping out here while Tricia is out of the office. I want to make sure you're absolutely loving your new Edges. If you're experiencing a water leak like the OP described, shoot a quick PM my way so I can get this escalated to your regional customer service manager. In your message, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll do the rest.

Crystal

• Like 5

So I just got back in the Edge. It has been parked for 3 days, covered, so no chance of rain. The passenger side, front and rear footwell carpets are wet. The underside of the rubber OEM mat in the rear has droplets on it.The car has an odour......not pleasant. I have no kids, no chance of a spill. Thinking about it now........I have not drive in rain in a while....but I have had car washes. This IMO is from car washes or, something else. Why only the passenger side wet now now ? Totally weird. I have about 1800Km on the Edge. Could there be an underside opening and the car wash jets are getting in ? This an SE by the way. Not a sport.

So there is something official at Ford now regarding this problem. I also did notice a "sloshing" sound when driving....seems this would be the water built up somewhere....on it s way to the carpets.

Where can we find the official TSB and action items to repair ? Seal , sloshing, drivers pillar.

Here's where we are so far:

My new Ford Edge is still sitting at the dealership. The regional sales rep(?) left a message on answering machine stating that she was unable to assist us and directed us back to the dealership.

I PM-ed the Ford rep that posted to this thread. I am awaiting a response.

Our dealer is trying to work with us but whatever we choose to do it seems that either we will take a financial hit or the dealership will. I really REALLY want Ford to step up so that there are no hard feelings for either party between us and our dealer.

Still waiting and received the bill for insuring this new car that we haven't driven since May 20. smh

Can anyone describe where this seal is to check it ? Water has made it to the rear carpets now as well.

Anyone have access to a site that hosts the TSB's ?

Thanks

I haven't found any TSBs online for a leak. But I did find this question and the perspm mentions his dealer said the seal is around the A pillar. I went outside, popped my hood, and found the seal seen below. Looks to be painted the same color as the body.

I have no leak issues. You can see the seal running horizontally. This is my driver side near where the hood hinge is.

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/948ge-i-ve-owned-brand-new-2015-ford-edge-2-5.html

nFCkfKFl.jpg

Edited by WingNut
  • Like 1

Wing nut, thank you for posting that very helpful picture. I just checked mine......it does not look like yours. Mine is like swollen rubber or something. Not flush like yours. Yours looks tack welded almost. I have a picture...... But can't figure out how to post it. LOL