Used but new to us 2011 Ford Edge Limited (second addition)

macbwt

Wife is getting excited about our 7 hour round trip drive to go pick up the new to us 2011 Ford Edge Limited. This edge will replace our 2004 chevy trailblazer and I know provide a more reliable vehicle for my family. She will have 3.5 hours driving home to become familar with the Edge. Unfortunately I will most likely drive my old edge home with her following by myself as the girls have all informed me they want to ride in the new car. Such is the life of the Dad.

• Like 1

Leaving in a few hours about 7am should arrived about 10:30 then paperwork finalized etc. I should have a post and photo later this evening. and a gas mileage comparision. I am betting the 2011 beats the 2008 on fuel mileage. The 2011 has a 20hp and 3 flbs of torque difference not much of a change and not nearly as wide of a gap as the 2015 has over the 2008. Very interesting on what they have done with HP and Torque since the 2008 model.

Updates???

• Like 1

Finally returned with the 2011 Ford Edge Limited. The color I mentioned was off a bit. It is actually registered as Cinnamon Metalic. Drives great and wife loves it. I did a head to head comparison on fuel mileage as both cars drove exactly the same distance and the refueling at the pump revealed the 2011 was running at 26.1 miles per gallon and the 2008 was running at 24 miles per gallon. Just as I was expecting the 2011 on the highway does pretty good. Time will tell now as it will become a mostly city driver now that the wife has it.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

The biggest decision was to not trade the Trailblazer, which now leaves me with a work project to get running. I was happy with the price on the Edge for 17K as most other Edges of this level the dealers were wanting far more as in 20 to 27K for them in my area. I ended up at a dealer out in the middle of a corn field almost literally. Second purchase from this dealer and he was happy for the repeat business.

Well I paired up my android phone to the 2011 Edge and it took about 2 minutes. Now I have to pair up the wifes phone and make it the primary phone then learn more as I go. Simple and straigh forward with a good solid connection. Liking it so far and easy to follow the directions. Voice operation may be a problem as my wifes accent may hinder the voice recognition due to her liberal use of Spanish vowels when speaking English. Not sure if MFT can adjust to this. LOL some times I can't either.

LOL.....Those darn accents...when we rented a 2011 limited it was awesome...fell in love with the edge, and I actually liked the MFT system. Just this year we had to rent a 2015 Tahoe LT(had 6 passengers) and I can honestly say I preferred the Edge in every way....I found the GM sync and Nav system was a pain in the butt.

When we get our new edge, my wife gets it and I get the old Torrent....such is life.

Glad to see I am not the only one that gets the hand me down, which is why I push to buy as close to what I want in the future. Interesting little change ford has made to the Edge. My 2008 Ford Edge is registered as a TRUCK my 2011 Ford Edge is registered as a MULTI PURPOSE. Not sure how this change affects things but I bet it has to do with EPA mileage. Especially scine they are now getting the Edge into the mid to high 20's. I think they chose Truck so Ford could use the lower mileage to their advantage with the EPA.

Couple of things came to mind today when I drove the 2011 Ford Edge> 1) where in the world is this woman driving to? I thought I would save money on gas but she is clocking the mileage on this 2011. She must like it. 2) I guess you could say my family is now a double Edged sword. LOL

Hopefully the extended warranty Ford issued to cover the APIM failure will apply to your 2011. I guess you found out one difference between your 2008 and this new 2011. That is the additional electronics added to later models for additional features, SYNC, My Ford Touch, etc.

Ā 

Good luck.

Ā 

Customer Satisfaction Program 12M02 - Supplement #1: Applies to eligible sold customer vehicles outside of the bumper-to-bumper warranty. The 12M02 warranty extension covers Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) Hardware replacement for failed modules and includes software updates.

Ā 

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=182405

• Like 1