Miles on your Edge

Dean Caudle

Well clearly jinxed myself as I got rear-ended in rush hour traffic. Almost $4,000 of damage (so far). Fortunately the other guy had insurance so not costing me but will be without my Edge for a little over 2 weeks. Just passed 48,000 miles. Hope there are no lingering issues. I took it to the Ford Dealer I bought it from and they have their own body shop to make sure it got the best care possible.

That is almost the amount it cost me when I deer hunt with my Orange Crush. Hope you are alright!!

Well clearly jinxed myself as I got rear-ended in rush hour traffic. Almost $4,000 of damage (so far). Fortunately the other guy had insurance so not costing me but will be without my Edge for a little over 2 weeks. Just passed 48,000 miles. Hope there are no lingering issues. I took it to the Ford Dealer I bought it from and they have their own body shop to make sure it got the best care possible.

• Like 1

I have a 2008 Edge with 140,000 miles. Rear wheel bearings went bad around 55,000. They said it was a design flaw and I got everything rebuilt under warranty. No other trouble. Would like to buy a mustang next year and keep the Edge for the winter time. Hoping to get 250,000 miles out of it. Do you think I am insane to hope for that many miles? :)

• Like 1

Nope no chance on the Edge making it to 250,000 miles unless it is an Orange Crush Edge. Then it will go forever!!!

I have a 2008 Edge with 140,000 miles. Rear wheel bearings went bad around 55,000. They said it was a design flaw and I got everything rebuilt under warranty. No other trouble. Would like to buy a mustang next year and keep the Edge for the winter time. Hoping to get 250,000 miles out of it. Do you think I am insane to hope for that many miles? :)

I bought my 2011 Limited FWD about a year ago with ~80k on it from the previous single owner, and just passed 110,000 miles. Just regular maintenance and a few preventative repairs, and it still drives like a dream!

110k is great. What "preventative" repairs did you do?

I bought my 2011 Limited FWD about a year ago with ~80k on it from the previous single owner, and just passed 110,000 miles. Just regular maintenance and a few preventative repairs, and it still drives like a dream!

110k is doing great. What preventative "repairs" did you do?

110k is doing great. What preventative "repairs" did you do?

At around 90k I replaced the CV axle housing for my front wheel drive-- it had torn or worn off causing the metal components to wear against each other. My favorite Firestone replaced them for me, and now it's as good as new!

Then around 105k I replaced the spark plugs, because I heard that's about when they wear out.

Just things like that. I guess I consider them repairs over maintenance because they were a little more involved than oil changes. I've owned three Fords in my life-- a '93 Bronco, a '10 Focus, and now my '11 Edge, and all of them have taken good care of me as long as I take good care of them. I'm definitely a Ford man for life (plus the occasional Harley)!

• Like 1