Hello All,

First post for a new member ;) nice to be here.

So I took delivery of a 2015 Black Edge, SEL 2 weeks ago. So far so good. No problems to report. Regarding the HIDS, I find them not to be so great. I would think the color temperature is 2700k . I have changed out HID bulbs in other cars, mostly to 4300k or 5000k.

Does anyone have any experience with the bulb type in the 2015 EDGE?

Thank you

H9 bulbs easily fit in place of H11s & they provide considerable more light & have higher temperature color. The 2 bulbs share identical filament position, only difference is in one of the fitting tabs.

For the high beams, 9011 can replace 9005 again with much more light & higher color temperature.

• Like 1

Forget bulb changing and other attempts to remedy the poor headlights.

Do these in 3o minutes and your headlights will be fantastic.

Dan does nothing but great Edge products and stands behind them

http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/LED_Dome_Lights.html

Since I did not purchase the package with the HID lights, I called these guys and they obviously have not sent out any kits for the 2015 models. He said their existing kit should work. I read a number of threads that talk about melting wires and other light parts so I am a little worried. I might wait until others take the plunge and let them provide feedback. I would hate to ruin my shiny new Edge.

H9 bulbs easily fit in place of H11s & they provide considerable more light & have higher temperature color. The 2 bulbs share identical filament position, only difference is in one of the fitting tabs.

For the high beams, 9011 can replace 9005 again with much more light & higher color temperature.

Hi, I never knew that. I happen to have some H9's at 4300 K, they say 65W

Could there be any problems overloading the fuse...or melting the harness, etc from the added load ?

thanks

• 5 weeks later...

What's needed to make the H9's work? I am looking to buy HID's for my 15 Sport.

I'm assuming that 4,300K is the factory temp?

I just got my Edge last night and tried XenonDepot's H11 kit. I guess I am the guinea pig as I ran into an issue. The kit is plug and play, which is nice. I started out on the drivers side and took out the Halogen H11 bulb and replaced with the H11 HID bulb. Took me about 5 minutes from start to finish. I turned the lights on and they worked, great!

Now I wanted to see how they looked from farther away, so I started the car. This is where I ran into issues. When I started the car, the bulb went out. My theory is that the ballast doesn't have enough voltage and I need a relay kit tied directly into the battery for stable voltage. I contacted XenonDepot to see if they could provide support, so I will update once I hear back from them.

Edited by jason05gt