Rubber Mats $150.00
21" Wheels $750.00
Headrest DVD $2,100.00
Total Options $10,050.00
Delivery $1,650.00
Total MSRP $56,899.00

Price paid: 51,997$

Edited by Etienne Bégin

Congrats! I am jealous. Thinking about canceling my edge sport since ford is continuously missing my delivery eta and no one knows where it is or when to expect it.

I would cancel and reorder. You will probably get the reordered one faster.

My edge finally arrived at the dealer late on the 16th, so I picked it up the next day.

I love it ! Seems about as powerful as my eclipse GT.

Thanks to everybody how helped me understand the ordering process and everything else

Etienne

I love the color.... of wait, I have one the same color! Also, those black wheels look awesome!

• Like 1

To the OP how long did your order take from order to delivery? I want to order a 2016 when the order banks open.

I have ordered on 02/10. It took a very long time, because the dealer noticed only on May 15th that the 51D package was delayed until september.

My build date is June 5th, so in a way I'm lucky I've avoided the water leak issues. There are a couple of threads about it.

I have ordered on 02/10. It took a very long time, because the dealer noticed only on May 15th that the 51D package was delayed until september.

My build date is June 5th, so in a way I'm lucky I've avoided the water leak issues. There are a couple of threads about it.

My build date was 3 weeks ahead of yours, and I still don't have it. Ford shipped my edge via rail even though every other edge that went to OH shipped convoy. Not a single person from Ford can tell me where it is or what a new expected ETA is. Frankly, they don't seem to care or answer why mine was shipped via rail while every single other edge to Central OH (and further reaches) was shipped via truck. I am 90% sure I will be canceling, and once that occurs, Ford has lost a lifelong supporter. What Ford doesn't realize is that I help manage company vehicle decisions for my team of 12 reps. We were currently evaluating what our next vehicles will be. Looks like the Ford Transit will be scratched from the list. Maybe one day they will decide that customer experience matters.

Don't mean to hijack your post. It truely is a sharp vehicle. Congrats on getting it quickly after getting the run around on the 51D fiasco.

My build date was 3 weeks ahead of yours, and I still don't have it. Ford shipped my edge via rail even though every other edge that went to OH shipped convoy. Not a single person from Ford can tell me where it is or what a new expected ETA is. Frankly, they don't seem to care or answer why mine was shipped via rail while every single other edge to Central OH (and further reaches) was shipped via truck. I am 90% sure I will be canceling, and once that occurs, Ford has lost a lifelong supporter. What Ford doesn't realize is that I help manage company vehicle decisions for my team of 12 reps. We were currently evaluating what our next vehicles will be. Looks like the Ford Transit will be scratched from the list. Maybe one day they will decide that customer experience matters.

Don't mean to hijack your post. It truely is a sharp vehicle. Congrats on getting it quickly after getting the run around on the 51D fiasco.

Did you call Ford's 800 customer service number? I had some issues with mine shipping and they were very helpful in tracking down my car and providing updates.

Also, other Edge's in your area might have been driven via truck as I was told by my dealer that they had a railcar shortage at the plant. Not sure if that was dealer BS, but that would make sense as to why some are being shipped rail vs. truck.

No worries ! I hope you will get help and answers you need from members of this forum.

Dealers usually have a visibility report they can run to trace the car. Ford knows where the car is, and on which railcar. I have seen this on other ford forums I'm pretty sure.

Etienne.

Did you call Ford's 800 customer service number? I had some issues with mine shipping and they were very helpful in tracking down my car and providing updates.

Also, other Edge's in your area might have been driven via truck as I was told by my dealer that they had a railcar shortage at the plant. Not sure if that was dealer BS, but that would make sense as to why some are being shipped rail vs. truck.

Yea, unfortunately the 800 customer service tells me the original ETA, (which has since passed a while ago) that they have no new ETA, and to contact the dealer for an ETA. The dealer says that they have no idea and have to call Ford and are told that they have no idea when it will arrive. I really don't understand how I can track a simple package worth less than $100 all the way from China with a dead on ETA, but Ford can't accurately track or predict an ETA on a $45,000 vehicle? How can they not institute a tagging system that marks custom ordered vehicles for customers to make sure they are delivered on time? I think they can, they just choose not to.

I don't understand the rail vs convoy decision. I only live about 350 miles from the Oakville plant, yet, it was shipped rail. If there is a shortage of rail cars, then every vehicle should be shipped truck. The truck has outperformed the railcars by about 3 weeks so far. What is weird is that some edges that had the same build date as mine were shipped to OH via convoy instead of rail. Even more bizarre is the fact that I am willing to bet my edge was shipped via rail to a rail yard that is further away from me than Oakville.

What Ford doesn't realize is that I help manage company vehicle decisions for my team of 12 reps. We were currently evaluating what our next vehicles will be. Looks like the Ford Transit will be scratched from the list.

Not trying to defend Ford, but your personal one time experience should not affect your work decisions. It would be unfair for your workplace.

Edited by omar302