SHIFT TO PARK OR TRANSMISSION NOT IN PARK MESSAGE – DISCHARGED BATTERY DUE TO SHIFT TO PARK LIGHT ON / UNABLE TO REMOVE IKT

TSB 15-0047 (supersedes TSB 14-0209)

SHIFT TO PARK OR TRANSMISSION NOT IN PARK MESSAGE – DISCHARGED BATTERY DUE TO SHIFT TO PARK LIGHT ON / UNABLE TO REMOVE IKT

Publication Date: March 31, 2015

FORD: 2011-2014 Edge; 2011-2015 Explorer; 2013-2015 Flex, Taurus
LINCOLN: 2011-2015 MKX; 2013-2015 MKS, MKT

This article supersedes TSB 14-0209 to add a production fix date.

ISSUE:

Some 2011-2014 Edge, 2011-2015 MKX, Explorer and 2013-2015 Flex, MKS, Taurus vehicles built on or before 12/01/2014, and 2013-2015 MKT vehicles built on or before 03/16/2015 equipped with a floor shift selector lever may exhibit a Shift To Park message, Transmission Not In Park message displayed while the shifter is in park position, or unable to remove the integrated keyhead transmitter (IKT), or a discharged battery due to the Shift to Park light remaining illuminated.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
1.Replace the selector lever assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-05.
2.Adjust the selector lever cable. Follow the selector lever cable adjustment procedure in the WSM, Section 307-05.

PART NUMBER PART NAME

7210 Selector Lever Assembly (See Parts Catalog For Correct Trim Level Part)

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

150047A 2013-2015 Flex, Taurus 2.0L GTDI: Replace The Selector Lever Assembly (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.6 Hr.
150047A 2013-2015 MKS: Replace The Selector Lever Assembly (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.7 Hr.
150047A 2011-2015 Explorer, 2013-2015 MKT, Taurus, 2011-2014 Edge: Replace The Selector Lever Assembly (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.8 Hr.
150047A 2011-2015 MKX: Replace The Selector Lever Assembly (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.9 Hr.

WARRANTY STATUS

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE

7210 42

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just had this replaced on my 2013 SEL Ecoboost. Been happening intermittently for about two months. It helped that I was able to show the problem to the dealer as it happened when I parked in the lot when I took it in for service.

The replacement shifter feels much more solid to move. (or more difficult... depending on your pov) I was lucky that it started to happen just before the warranty ran out (3k to go), because this is only free under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, even though its patently a known issue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Problem was getting worse on my 3013 Edge Limited. Dealer replace the shift assembly lever and so far the problem has not re-occurred. Replace as per TSB referenced at the beginning of this thread. Done in less than 2 hours after dropping vehicle off at dealership. Covered under ESP warranty, $100 deductible.

(edit+) Service writer informed me that he had another vehicle in the shop for the same problem that day.

Edited by harlanhml
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just replaced the micro switch in my 2012 Ford Edge Limited with Eco boost. The hardest thing was to get the silver trim off on the right and left side of the storage console going up to the GPS screen. Two narrow strips. Just pull up with medium force. Once you get a section up, just work on the next section. I ordered 2 micro switches with leads on and spliced them into the old wires. I ordered them from Mouser Electronics part # 653-D2HW-BL-201M. Take plunger off of old switch and put on new switch. Total price for 2 switches (1 spare) and shipping was $18.04. Took me about 2 hours only because I didn't know how to take the trim off. Works Great. Ford is doing you a disservice replacing the whole shift column for about $900.00

Keith Nergaard

• Like 2