Class of 2016 Anyone?

I just took delivery of my 2015 SEL. I was thinking about waiting as well, but when I found out it was 2-3 higher MRSP and the only diff was the Sync 3, it didnt seem worth it. As far as 14 vs 15 vs 16, if you didnt like the '15, the platform on the '16 will be exactly the same as the '1f so you may not be any happier.You may want to stay with your 14

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure just to whom I'm responding..... or if I'm even doing this correctly. But, I wanted to write my story and see who might respond with a little help. I'm 76-years-old and just ready to retire my 2001 Chevy Tahoe. It's still in immaculate shape.... but I need to downsize to something a little easier for myself and my wife to get into, and out of. And maybe something that will last the rest of our lives 'cause I really hate shopping for a new vehicle. (I'm a lousy haggler!)

​After much studying, I decided the Edge was the perfect crossover for us..... until I found the Nissan Murano. I still thought the Edge was what I wanted..... mainly, I guess, because I still consider it an American car..... though it's built in Canada (which I still consider part of our family), and is full of foreign-made parts. The big plus, for my money, is that Ford didn't take the bail-out! But other than that, I don't see that the Edge has much to make it better than the Murano. If any of you know of any big advantage, please chime in. Anyway, because of some health issues, and Ford's complete break-down of their manufacturing process, my timeline for buying a car got pushed into the 2016's. My preference is still the Edge..... but a close second is the Murano. Their prices are close to the same..... which is about what I paid for the Tahoe in 2001. It's kind of difficult to buy a new Edge when they aren't even on the market yet. Nissan doesn't seem to be having any trouble. The seemingly ineptitude of Ford simply boggles my mind! Anyway, I'll probably be asking for further help as this process continues to be delayed. I'm so tickled that I just happened to stumble on the Ford Edge Forum! Thanks for any comments from you great forum participants!

Jacksprat - why wait for a 2016? 2015s are available now unless you were waiting on a 2016 only feature.

I don't think there are any glaring differences between the 2 - really comes down to personal preference.

akirby: Thanks for the comeback. I've enjoyed reading your comments in the forum. I've already waited this long because of my health, and because the Edge had some problems I hoped would be fixed in the 2016's. Plus, although I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, I decided I had just as well wait for the Sync 3. As much as Ford has tried to discourage me, I still seem to lean toward the Edge. What the heck..... maybe I just like the name? Any you know another factor..... I'm just so impressed how you all take care of each other in this forum! For an older guy to have some folks to kind of lean on if there's trouble, might help. Thanks!

Hello jacksprat,

First of all, to be upfront, I am no where near as knowledgable in regards to the edge as a lot of the contributors on this forum. I do very little actual work on the vehicle. I pretty much just have Ford house maintain it as per the manual (2012 edge limited).

But, my two cents:

The edge Limited interior and ride feels of higher quality than other manufacturers similar offerings. Have nothing but love for the vehicle itself. But, the service department at two different ford houses in this area both have bad attitudes. Probably not the standard, but in my experience, ford house service sucks.

We also have a 2014 crew max tundra....The service we receive at the Toyota house is like no other. Total pleasure to deal with them. Loaner cars for just about anything that takes longer than an hour.

Probably not significant to all, but my wife and I both work very hard during the week, and I simply do not enjoy working on cars. Luckily, we can afford to pay someone to do it correctly.

I could give more examples in regards to my perceived differences between ford and Toyotas business practices, but put simply, our next car to replace the edge will be greatly influenced by Toyotas superior service (on sales and service dept side).

As a recent supply chain major, the more I learned about Toyotas obsession with CRM (cust relation mgmt), lean manufacturing, and TQM (total quality management), the more i leaned their way. In my opinion, ford is the most advanced here in the states, but none of our firms are as far along.

I can literally "feel" the difference in the entire car buying/maintaining process with ford vs Toyota.

Edited by Jackman5000

Actually you have it backwards, Too Good to Be Blue is coming to the Edge, not Kona. Both colors will be available on the Flex for '16.

The fleet guide doesn't show Kona Blue but some other docs do.

http://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13965%29

I really hope TGTBB is not the only Blue color option for the 2016s. I might need to go for the Shadow Black.