Shouldn't have had to pay

Liptoss

OK, so the quick story goes like this.

My Edge was in before the 60,000 KMs for the door ajar. They had me believe they changed the switches at that time, but only "cleaned" things as per Fords direction, protocol to follow. That's fine Solved the problem for a month or so. Just long enough to have me clear the 60,000. In this time Advance Trac Service begins illuminating occasionally. Apparently there is a TSB on this, checking on this site.

So I bring it in, I have purchased warranty up to 200,000 KMs, the top that FORD offers through dealership before the 60 expired.

So, andyhow, I bring the vehicle in, the new switch for drivers door is installed and it's fixed and they tell me they replaced the switch in the gear selector console. That warning is gone now too.

Charged me $113 including tax for this. BUT, if they didn't repair the door ajar correctly/completely before the warranty expired. AND there is a TSB on the Trac Service warning, then why should I pay for the deductible.

Any Ford Reps on here have an answer?

I paid but I'm VERY skeptical of things and this vehicle now. I play by their warranty requirements to a T. The dealership changes my oil, filter etc every service interval. Cabin filter, air filter too. I'd rather be doing things myself to tell you the truth... and I can too. Probably MUCH more "attentive" to details than their rushed systems and mechanics at the quick lube.

But anyhow...

hope some Rep rings in here.

Yep, TSBs have absolutely nothing to do with warranty coverage. They are just a set of instructions for the technicians to follow. So you'd have paid your deductible anyway, even if they covered the latch under the original warranty. Incidentally the TSB only says to reprogram the PCM, it does not mention replacing anything in the shifter.

Liptoss, always ask for any old parts that has to be replaced, before the work is started. This assures the part was replaced not just serviced.

Unfortunately, you can't do that with a warranty repair (at least not for the manufacturer's warranty) because the dealer is required by Ford to retain (and in some cases return) the parts. District supervisors do spot checks on warranty claims every few weeks and then sign-off for the dealer to dispose of the replaced parts.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so the quick story goes like this.

My Edge was in before the 60,000 KMs for the door ajar. They had me believe they changed the switches at that time, but only "cleaned" things as per Fords direction, protocol to follow. That's fine Solved the problem for a month or so. Just long enough to have me clear the 60,000. In this time Advance Trac Service begins illuminating occasionally. Apparently there is a TSB on this, checking on this site.

So I bring it in, I have purchased warranty up to 200,000 KMs, the top that FORD offers through dealership before the 60 expired.

So, andyhow, I bring the vehicle in, the new switch for drivers door is installed and it's fixed and they tell me they replaced the switch in the gear selector console. That warning is gone now too.

Charged me $113 including tax for this. BUT, if they didn't repair the door ajar correctly/completely before the warranty expired. AND there is a TSB on the Trac Service warning, then why should I pay for the deductible.

Any Ford Reps on here have an answer?

I paid but I'm VERY skeptical of things and this vehicle now. I play by their warranty requirements to a T. The dealership changes my oil, filter etc every service interval. Cabin filter, air filter too. I'd rather be doing things myself to tell you the truth... and I can too. Probably MUCH more "attentive" to details than their rushed systems and mechanics at the quick lube.

But anyhow...

hope some Rep rings in here.

Have you reached out to our Ford Canada team, Liptoss? You can reach them here: FordServiceCA. They'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Don't wait for a rep - send them a PM. FordService.

I agree on the deductible BTW. However - would you have paid the deductible for the gear shifter anyway? If so then it's really a moot point (for you).

Thanks!

Meagan