Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

I was reviewing my order last night and noticed that my order Priority was 10. Hopefully that means I will receive it in a timely manner. I guess it will be here when it gets here....

10 is as good as you can get unless the regional service manager for Ford ups the priority due to extenuating circumstances. As long as your dealer has allocations, it'll get scheduled with first priority.

It's worrisome that there are still 2015's being on "hold" from August builds today. What will 2015 "holds" do to 2016's being shipped in a timely manner? No, not a trick question... :doh:

Nothing. They're still shipping 2015s. The 2016s don't start until 12/2 anyway.

It is disconcerting that they're having so many issues. I'm trying to wait on ordering a 2016 until they work out these factory issues.

Nothing. They're still shipping 2015s. The 2016s don't start until 12/2 anyway.

It is disconcerting that they're having so many issues. I'm trying to wait on ordering a 2016 until they work out these factory issues.

I was thinking of trying to wait as well at the moment. But we shall see how long I might be able to hold off

• 2 weeks later...

My Dealer emailed me today stating they they can order the 2016 and asked me to come down with a deposit check. The car will come out of their initial allotment.

Pretty presumptive dealer you've got there... I mean, they have to earn your business before you write them a check. It's like saying to a girl on a first date to combine checking accounts. :)

Looks like the 2016 Build and Price is out on the Ford website.

I am going to do a Shadow Black or White Platinum Sport (any thoughts???)

401A package

21" Wheels

Cargo Accessory Package

Cold Weather Package (bummer that heated steering comes with all weather mats, because I'm still going to get the weathertech mats)

Adaptive Cruise Control

Edited by AceMcGee24

According to the website it looks like the 2nd row inflatable seatbelts are standard on the sport model. Wonder if it's a glitch.

I see that as well. I am alright with that since I ordered them anyway, but probably a glitch in the Build and Price. FoMoCo seems to have quite a bit of trouble getting the build and price sections done timely and accurately.

Edited by boosted edge

I see that as well. I am alright with that since I ordered them anyway, but probably a glitch in the Build and Price. FoMoCo seems to have quite a bit of trouble getting the build and price sections done timely and accurately.

Not to throw stones, but my chevy was built and delivered before GM updated their web site. They didn't have pricing out until my car was already built. Ford is doing a lot better than Chevy did in my book.

Not to throw stones, but my chevy was built and delivered before GM updated their web site. They didn't have pricing out until my car was already built. Ford is doing a lot better than Chevy did in my book.

Well, that makes me feel better.

I don't check out the other manufacturers websites most of the time. I just want FoMoCo to do well, and if a new potential Ford buyer comes to the site and gets discouraged, they may not even take the time to pursue it further. Sometimes, maybe all you get is one chance to draw that customer in.

My order is now in with the dealer & I'm taking bets on delivery date with my friends. I'm hoping for late January, around the 28th.

K4A - 2016 Edge Sport AWD

UG - White Metallic

401A - Technology Package

63A - Adaptive Cruise Control

55C - Cold Weather Package

43P - Vista Sunroof

153 - Front Lic Plate bracket (not on the web configurator, but required by law in my state)
  • Like 1