Side Sensors

Hum099

I have had my 2015 Ford Edge Sport since the end of May and I just started getting the sensors activating when I pull up to a stop sign. There is nothing within 10 feet on either side. The 2 center sensors on both sides are lit up red. Any one else having issues with the sensors.

We are having the exact same problem. I took it into the dealership and they were not able to duplicate the problem. I asked if I could take a video of the issue and that would not survive for them to officially do anything about it. I was told I had to bring it in when it was acting up and have them look at it. This is a very difficult thing to do.

My sensors are driving me crazy. On a 6 mile stretch of intercity driving my

sensors go off at least 6-8 times. Other cars, light poles, signage and other things seems

to be setting the red and yellow sensors off. It's a pain in the ass when you are on the phone and pull up to an intersection and have this sh&@ go off. My wife's 2015 Lexus never does this.

Just another item on this vehicle that just doesn't work like it should. Like the cooled seats. Like the water sensing windshield wipers. I could go on....

sensors go off at least 6-8 times. Other cars, light poles, signage and other things seems

to be setting the red and yellow sensors off. It's a pain in the ass when you are on the phone and pull up to an intersection and have this sh&@ go off. My wife's 2015 Lexus never does this.

Just another item on this vehicle that just doesn't work like it should. Like the cooled seats. Like the water sensing windshield wipers. I could go on....

Seems like you have a repeatable scenario. I would go back to service and have them check this out. I have only very sporadically had a false on mine, so it's not the design I would think.

If you are getting the warnings at longer distances than specified in the manual, you should get them checked by you dealer. Perhaps a reprogram might be needed.

When you shift to drive (D) or any other forward gear, for example, low (L), sport (S) or any forward gear in manual transmission, the side sensing system provides audible and visual distance indication when your vehicle is moving at 12 km/h or below and obstacles are detected within 30 cm, or when obstacles are detected within 30–60 cm and are inside the driving path of your vehicle. When you stop your vehicle the audible warning stops after 2 seconds and the visual distance indication stops after 4 seconds.

Edited by omar302