Siri Eyes Free and iOS 9.2

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that after upgrading my iPhone 6s to iOS 9.2 every time I activate Siri through the voice command button it just automatically changes the source to bluetooth streaming. This appears to be an iPhone problem and not a Sync problem. I know people on the Escape forum are experiencing the same issues since updating their phone. It also appears to be an issue on Chevy's as well. I just wanted to let you know and hopefully Apple will find a fix quickly because I am really enjoying the eye's free function.

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that after upgrading my iPhone 6s to iOS 9.2 every time I activate Siri through the voice command button it just automatically changes the source to bluetooth streaming. This appears to be an iPhone problem and not a Sync problem. I know people on the Escape forum are experiencing the same issues since updating their phone. It also appears to be an issue on Chevy's as well. I just wanted to let you know and hopefully Apple will find a fix quickly because I am really enjoying the eye's free function.

Thanks for confirming this. It did it today for the second time and I wasn't sure what had gone wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just read that they will be releasing iOS 9.3 in February and that it is also being Beta Tested. If anyone is Beta testing that one I would love to here yall's outcome.

I have the beta 9.3 IOS software running on my iPhone 6 and it does NOT resolve the issue. Additionally this is a problem on GM vehicles as well. I tried it in my wife's 2014 Chevy Equinox and it will not work. Chevy had Siri eyes much longer than Ford did.

Hopefully future beta releases will solve it.

I had posted a section in a thread about some oddities with Siri Eyes free over here.

TL:DR You can text just fine, but as soon as you ask for Pandora or other 3rd party apps, you can no longer text via voice cmd. Siri gets all up in your face with "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid you're driving"

I have noticed tho that you can text again after trying a 3rd party within the same connection session. By that I mean that when you press and hold to access Siri, if you (normal) press again before the "Siri" indicator on the center screen goes away, that is the same session and you're able to text via voice.

If the "Siri" goes away and you have to long press to get it back, that is a new session and for the 9.2, I was denied access to text by voice. and most other functions. (BTW, this was while parked in my driveway at home!)

I had posted a section in a thread about some oddities with Siri Eyes free over here.

TL:DR You can text just fine, but as soon as you ask for Pandora or other 3rd party apps, you can no longer text via voice cmd. Siri gets all up in your face with "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid you're driving"

I have noticed tho that you can text again after trying a 3rd party within the same connection session. By that I mean that when you press and hold to access Siri, if you (normal) press again before the "Siri" indicator on the center screen goes away, that is the same session and you're able to text via voice.

If the "Siri" goes away and you have to long press to get it back, that is a new session and for the 9.2, I was denied access to text by voice. and most other functions. (BTW, this was while parked in my driveway at home!)

Tacyon, just what version of IOS are you running? Is it earlier than 9.2? With 9.2 or later beta versions you cannot do anything unless it is with a wired connection. It may work fine a single time after a repairing of your phone but nothing after that