Completed custom subwoofer/amp/speaker install with pics and diagrams for 2015 Sport LOTS OF PICS

18 hours ago, jeffcarl said:

I didn't think that the Edge had active cancellation. I thought that was in the Escape only, but I didn't do any serious research.  All I did was install a set of speakers in the front doors, no amp or sub-woofer. The OEM connectors are unique & I couldn't find ready made adapter harnesses, so I just cut the OEM connectors & hard wired the replacement speakers. I'm sorry but that's the extent of my knowledge. 

https://www.nadaguides.com/cars/new-car-previews/2015-ford-edge-preview

if you read interior features, it stated Active Noise Cancelation. Just wanted to confirm myself, so I figured I’d share. 

On 3/21/2019 at 2:40 PM, Dieselboy said:

Thank you for the response. I’m actually already planning on using a Fosgate-DSR1. Here’s my plan:

Factory Deck...Maestro T-Harness...DSR-1....Kicker KX 800.5.

fronts: Focal 165 AS3 

rear: Focal 165 AS2

hatch: 1 Kicker Comp R 10” sub (Ported Box)

Ive gone to 2 places to get an install and both said the Active Noise Cancelation has to be disengaged or it will sound like S&@t! Hopefully I can go to dealer and have them disengage it, but it peaked my interest because the issues HappyHourSport was having in his last post sound like exactly what they described would happen if ANC was not disengaged. I find it hard to believe no one else on this platform has run into this issue and either figured it out or not. So that’s where I’m at. I’m currently waiting for some Pods for my 3” Midrages that go with the 165AS3. They are coming from Germany, so I wanted to try to solve this issue before they get here. The pods were almost as expensive as the speakers. 

I wasn't aware of the ANC feature myself, but all I did in my wife's 2017 Edge was replace the dash and rear door speakers. I'm doing a little digging around and found a discussion on another forum where someone had the problem and eventually found the microphone that is part of the ANC system. Unplugging it effectively disabled ANC.

https://www.ecoboostmustang.org/forum/mustang-ecoboost-audio-electronics-lighting/6874-how-do-i-disable-active-noise-control.html

First of all - awesome work by HappyHourSport. Love that custom sub enclosure under the tray.

I am looking into modding my sound too in my 2016 Sport as the Sony system is far from premium. I had a quote from a local install company for JL components in front doors, 2 way JL's in rear door, 10" JL Audio shallow sub box. Amp was a 5 channel 900W that put 500W to the sub and they had a DSP (not audiocontrol) included for OEM integration. They would insulate the door installs with mat and foam etc. Including fitting they wanted to charge me $2600 which seemed really high. Am I being unrealistic thinking this was very high? I'm in central Florida, so looking for approx costs you have had been quoted for installs. Thx in advance.

• 2 years later...

@HappyHourSport, I know I'm asking in a 7 year old thread how you did something on a car you might not even have anymore, but if you do happen to remember, how did you tap into the audio signal? It looks like going to the Sony DSP there are four distinct signals, LF, RF, LR, and RR, but after the DSP it's split out into a whole bunch of other signals for independent speakers. Did you tap the wires upstream of the DSP, or down stream of the DSP?

And then, the DSP is downstream of the amp, right? So regardless of where you tap the wires, they are all speaker level inputs, right?

Thank you!

No worries, I do still have my edge. Although my audio system has been loooong upgraded and nothing is factory anymore. As far as the signal, you have to pick it up after the factory amp unfortunately. The signal pre amp is useless. I will say I didn’t have the Sony system I had the audiophile system which had an 8” sub under the passenger rear quarter trim. I think the Sony system has like 11 speakers or some shit like that? But I’m going to assume that similar to mine if you are adding an amp which I assume that’s what you are doing. You must get the signal after the factory amp then I would use like an lc7i or some sore of dsp. Then into your amp that your adding. If you need anymore help go over to the Facebook group FEWW. Ford Edge world wide. I don’t come into this forum much and I’ll get more notifications in the group.    Absolutely hilarious… I thought this was directed towards me… it’s not even my post??. Sry to whoever asked the question I didn’t even look at who the OP was. I had gotten a notification and assumed it was one of my old audio posts. My bad.

Edited by fit1446

• 1 year later...
On 12/18/2015 at 5:26 AM, chicagoslick said:

Nice Job. I wish they would give an option of getting higher end audio in the Ford vehicles like they do in the Lincolns. I heard the Revel System in the MKX was awesome.

On a side note, I added some bass to my 13 Fusion that will be removed and reinstalled in the Edge when I get it. JL Audio shallow mount 12", JL amp with bass control knob and wiring harness. Makes the Fusion sound way better with more authority. If I get a chance I will post a picture. The sub looks similar to what you have.

Again very nicely done!!! :worship:

That is what Lincoln guys try to feed you!!!.

After my first set up that went bad. (3.sixty.3. punch 600x4 punch 500x1bn 4x 6.5" punch sets with 4x 1" punch tweets, 12" punch T1 and hundred hours of wood working.) 

The Lincoln MK sound system sounds like all Sony premium systems. FLAT .. great for a rental car.

And the lincoln has a whole list of issues. 

On 5/19/2023 at 4:38 PM, 2013edgesport13 said:

That is what Lincoln guys try to feed you!!!.

After my first set up that went bad. (3.sixty.3. punch 600x4 punch 500x1bn 4x 6.5" punch sets with 4x 1" punch tweets, 12" punch T1 and hundred hours of wood working.) 

The Lincoln MK sound system sounds like all Sony premium systems. FLAT .. great for a rental car.

And the lincoln has a whole list of issues. 

090718muskpot1_1280x720.jpg

• Like 1