Build dates for 2016 Model

Ohsix

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know about when MY16 will end and MY17 will start?

I am looking for a 2016 400A sport (not many) and had one dealer salesman tell me that production will be shut down early to tool up for the minor 2017 changes.

I am unable to confirm this, as stop / start production dates are some kind of state secret, do you think it just might be possible that the salesman would tell a untruth? ;)

Any new info on when the end of 2016 orders? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

My build date was just listed as 02.05.2016 from the oakville plant. I placed the order about 3 weeks ago. I assume since this is being built in Canada that they switch the day and month when listing dates perhaps and in the US would have a build date of 05.02.2016. Just curious.

I am looking for a 2016 400A sport (not many) and had one dealer salesman tell me that production will be shut down early to tool up for the minor 2017 changes.

I am unable to confirm this, as stop / start production dates are some kind of state secret, do you think it just might be possible that the salesman would tell a untruth? ;)

Any new info on when the end of 2016 orders? Thanks.

They'll be building 2016s until October.

• 08/05/2016 - 2016MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 09/08/2016 - 2016MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/21/2016 - 2016MY Job Last Date

• 08/15/2016 - 2017MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/22/2016 - 2017MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/24/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date

Thanks for the data akirby, much appreciated. Communication with the sales manager at my dealership is not good, I think the salesmen is trying, but I had to ask many times and finally got a VIN, no window sticker yet though. Ordered the car on April 4, paid deposit on Apr 8, with your info I am encourage that I will have it by October 2016! ;)

This is the last time I am going to do a factory order, I will either buy from stock (any dealer) or a dealer transfer. Great way to earn dealership customer loyalty !

They'll be building 2016s until October.

• 08/05/2016 - 2016MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 09/08/2016 - 2016MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/21/2016 - 2016MY Job Last Date

• 08/15/2016 - 2017MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/22/2016 - 2017MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/24/2016 - 2017MY Job #1 Date

so does that mean that if I want to buy/order a 2016, I have to do so BEFORE 10/21/16?

I'm only asking because I was planning on doing my shopping in November (all the black friday deals, etc). Based upon Ford's production this year, it would mean I would order in Nov. 2017 (for 2017 model year) and get it in like March of 2018.

Looks like my choices are being narrowed for me (not by choice). Kia just announced their 2017 Sorento will have my "must have" Android Auto/Carplay, but at the same time they got rid of the SXL Turbo trim, so I'm not going to consider the more expensive V6 (worse gas mileage, I don't want the third row seat, and I don't want the 2 trim levels below for the Turbo as it doesn't have most of the features I want).

New Sport on order. Ordered 3/26, received vin on 4/25, found the window Sticker on 4/26. It had a scheduled build date of 5/2. No updates since last week. Anyone know of a way to track the progress other than thru the dealer? Vin is 2FMPK4AP9GBB77453

Edited by pnewby

• 3 months later...

No you'd need to place your ORDER for a factory vehicle by 8/5 so it can be scheduled and built before 10/21.

I had 2 dealers tell me on August 16 that they could place an order for an Edge Titanium 2016 on that date. I placed an order with one. I asked out of curiousity when they were going to be no longer able to place orders for 2016s and both claimed not to know.

I had 2 dealers tell me on August 16 that they could place an order for an Edge Titanium 2016 on that date. I placed an order with one. I asked out of curiousity when they were going to be no longer able to place orders for 2016s and both claimed not to know.

They lie. Those dates are published to dealers and updated at least weekly.

It is possible the 8/5 date got pushed out, but if it did then there is a new date published to the dealers.

Edited by akirby