European Edge v North American Edge.

grumzy

On the Ford UK site www.ford.co.uk it is now possible to build and price an Edge. (Alphabetically its listed under NEW not Edge so scroll down)

There are quite a few differences compared to the North American market model. Especially in the transmission.

A Manual Edge would be fun.

Also only 3 models instead of 4. Zetec, Titanium and Sport

Not sure if it's just because its pre launch, but the Sport model appears to have exactly the same engine as the Titanium and base model. It just has the Sport Grill, fancy wheels and all the upgrades.

And check out those prices.... convert to dollars and you'll feint.

Yeah, Europeans also get fancy LED accent lighting in the headlamps that is not available in the US/Canada because it makes the edge look too much like the Lincoln MKX... I'd love to get a diesel option here in the US as well, most US consumers could care less though.

So correct me if I am wrong, I don't think there is a "Lincoln" for the European market.

Because the features like the larger EB engine and LED signature and headlines are features of the MKX.

I assume in order to make MKX market differentiated from the Edge.

So following my assumption, if there is no Lincoln in Europe, then they add features to the existing Edge in those market where Lincoln does not exist.

My2

So correct me if I am wrong, I don't think there is a "Lincoln" for the European market.

Because the features like the larger EB engine and LED signature and headlines are features of the MKX.

I assume in order to make MKX market differentiated from the Edge.

So following my assumption, if there is no Lincoln in Europe, then they add features to the existing Edge in those market where Lincoln does not exist.

My2

That's exactly correct. Mondeo is the same way - it has a lot of MKZ features for the same reason.

On the Ford UK site www.ford.co.uk it is now possible to build and price an Edge. (Alphabetically its listed under NEW not Edge so scroll down)

There are quite a few differences compared to the North American market model. Especially in the transmission.

A Manual Edge would be fun.

Also only 3 models instead of 4. Zetec, Titanium and Sport

Not sure if it's just because its pre launch, but the Sport model appears to have exactly the same engine as the Titanium and base model. It just has the Sport Grill, fancy wheels and all the upgrades.

And check out those prices.... convert to dollars and you'll feint.

That sucks for those in the UK, no 2.7 twin turbo for the sport. I do like the wheels on the sport though, also no 21's offered. I do prefer the instrument layout better than the north american version, 2 big dials, speedo and tach looks much better. The UK version also seems to sit a bit lower than the NA version. Their advertised prices also include the 15% VAT so the price you see is the price you pay.

Couldn't you conceivably just order a set of headlights and the fog lamps from Ford UK and install them on your US model?

No, because UK lights are designed for driving on the left and have a reverse pattern from what is used for driving on the right. You would blind oncoming drivers and have little visibility to the road shoulder and signage.