Sport Seat Comfort

Hi folks,

I'm about 1000km (600 miles) into my new 2016 Sport, and the one thing I have noticed, is that the seats just aren't very comfortable for the driver. I've tried adjusting lumbar tension in the back, raising the seat up and down, and the sides of my ass still hurt after a long period of driving. The way the seats are bucketed, it appears to really push up against your butt. Now, I'm not a big guy (200 lbs, 6 feet tall), so I find it a bit strange that I'm having difficulty fitting into the seats properly.

Has anyone else noticed this? And if you have, does it work itself out after awhile (building your ass groove, so to speak).

Thoughts?

I've seen a few discussions about this on the seats in the current gen Edges. I think the discussion landed somewhere between the best seats ever and the worst seats ever depending on who was posting the reply... :)

Mine (2015 sport) seem to be fairly comfortable for me except on the back of my left leg. The left seat bolster always seems to have a pressure point that I can never quite adjust away. Other than that seems fine and I'm also pretty big (250 6'5")

Did you find after having your Edge for some time that it got better? Worse? About the same?

I've seen a few discussions about this on the seats in the current gen Edges. I think the discussion landed somewhere between the best seats ever and the worst seats ever depending on who was posting the reply... :)

Mine (2015 sport) seem to be fairly comfortable for me except on the back of my left leg. The left seat bolster always seems to have a pressure point that I can never quite adjust away. Other than that seems fine and I'm also pretty big (250 6'5")

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I'm about 1000km (600 miles) into my new 2016 Sport, and the one thing I have noticed, is that the seats just aren't very comfortable for the driver. I've tried adjusting lumbar tension in the back, raising the seat up and down, and the sides of my ass still hurt after a long period of driving. The way the seats are bucketed, it appears to really push up against your butt. Now, I'm not a big guy (200 lbs, 6 feet tall), so I find it a bit strange that I'm having difficulty fitting into the seats properly.

Has anyone else noticed this? And if you have, does it work itself out after awhile (building your ass groove, so to speak).

Thoughts?

I'm experiencing the same thing with my 2015 Edge Titanium. Tried multiple positions but nothing helps. My ass just hurts. I have 12,000 km (7,500 miles) and nothing has improved. I even tried a thin cushion but that was just useless plus could not use the heated or cooled seats. This is my 3rd Edge but there won't be a 4th if they don't change the seat design.