Engine Vibration-Motor Mounts?

jasoneg

Having an engine vibration at idle and around 2500-3500 rpms in certain gears.

I had the transmission torque mount replaced today, It was definitely bad, the rubber was all torn up. Still having vibrations though. (not as bad) Thinking it needs motor mounts too? It has 185,000 miles. How many motor mounts are there??? Seems hard to find on internet, and pricing is all over the place! I know they cost more but I would much rather use Ford parts.

​I have already done the torque arm mount. So I guess I have to get the other two. I changed plugs twice, once at 80k and again at 140k. I have cleaned the fuel injection system cleaned twice as well. Drives super smooth except at that rpm range of 2500-3500 in 4th an 5th gear pretty much. A little vibration at idle, but is much better since the torque mount was replaced. I just don't know what else could make that vibration. As soon as it shifts and the rpms drop it smooth as silk. Just weird.

I will definitely get the Ford mounts!

Most likely the mount below the battery box is the one that is causing your issues. Not real difficult to replace just need to remove the airbox and battery tray. Should open it up for replacement.

I watched your video about checking motor mounts. Your engine seems to move much more than mine. I had my wife rev the engine and it only moved maybe a 1/2" back and forth, so maybe an inch total, maybe. Do you think that vibration could be something else?

Also is that mount considered the right or left?

btw I have the "orange crush" as well ! Best color ever ! :)

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

I watched your video about checking motor mounts. Your engine seems to move much more than mine. I had my wife rev the engine and it only moved maybe a 1/2" back and forth, so maybe an inch total, maybe. Do you think that vibration could be something else?

Also is that mount considered the right or left?

btw I have the "orange crush" as well ! Best color ever ! :)

Thanks for your help!

The lower mount on the Drivers side seems to be the one that fails most if it fails. My Engine moved a lot because of the transmission torque mount below had failed. Plus the noise you heard was as it turned out to be a broken passenger side sway bar link. That Orange Crush had a hard life. LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...