Turbos Needed - Gen II 2.7 EcoBoost

snmjim

Does this mean that the pipe can be used with the stock intercooler as well ?

As for the size, this is good, for if the pipe was oversized it would slow the air flow though it. Though a oversize pipe may flow more air, throttle response would suffer. It is important to maintain speed of air flow for good response. It sounds perfect I can't wait. :rockon:

Xtra, yes it can be used with the stock intercooler, all it does is maintain the stock 2.25 size all the way through.

• Like 2

Up date :

Received turbos Tuesday.

Turbos shipped out on Wednesday.

Arrived at CTI Turbo on Thursday.

Turbos striped down and work started on Friday morning.

I received a call from CTI this morning saying I had shipped them the wrong turbos and they would not fit. It was cleared up for somehow they thought they were for a F150. Once I explained they were for a 2016 Edge Sport all was good and thats when they started the work. Not stripping the turbos down and removing the hose and pipes was not a problem. CTI did this for me at no extra charge and will just return the parts in a bag along with the rebuilt turbos. :happy feet: .

Hope the finished turbos are as fast as they work at CTI :arrive_alive:

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Up date :

Turbos shipped out on Wednesday.

Arrived at CTI Turbo on Thursday.

Turbos striped down and work started on Friday morning.

I received a call from CTI this morning saying I had shipped them the wrong turbos and they would not fit. It was cleared up for somehow they thought they were for a F150. Once I explained they were for a 2016 Edge Sport all was good and thats when they started the work. Not stripping the turbos down and removing the hose and pipes was not a problem. CTI did this for me at no extra charge and will just return the parts in a bag along with the rebuilt turbos. :happy feet: .

Hope the finished turbos are as fast as they work at CTI :arrive_alive:

Go Bro Go!!!

• Like 2

Please send us Info for blankets ASAP!

Thnx

I am getting them made for me by Comp Turbo, CTI call 909-594-8400 and ask for Ernie. He is sending my turbo shell out to his supplier for custom blankets to be made while he machines the interior parts. He gave me no hard price but said they will be around $125 each. You should call him tomorrow to get in on this because the blanket maker will only have my turbos available for fitment for a short time. Use my name, Ernie will understand whats up.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

What will these require (aftermarket) for install. not talking gaskets and such, just supporting mods? BOV, Intercooler, throttle body, maybe tstat? obviously we'll be finding the weak points as we go, but for the initial install, what are you guys thinking?

• Like 1

What will these require (aftermarket) for install. not talking gaskets and such, just supporting mods? BOV, Intercooler, throttle body, maybe tstat? obviously we'll be finding the weak points as we go, but for the initial install, what are you guys thinking?

Let's put it this way, you could drop these in on a stock car and just get away with a tune.

However to get take advantage of the new found boost you need: intercooler, hot charge pipe, and BOV.

Beyond that would be 3inch down pipes with high flow cats

• Like 1

This is awesome news, I am so stoked :headspin::yahoo:. They look great and thanks for the photos :camera: . Bolt on High Performance Turbos for the G2 Edge Sport are now a reality. One small step for G2 Edge Sports, one giant leap in HP !!! :shift::ford: :happy feet: . Congrats :salute: .

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

This is awesome news, I am so stoked :headspin::yahoo:. They look great and thanks for the photos :camera: . Bolt on High Performance Turbos for the G2 Edge Sport are now a reality. One small step for G2 Edge Sports, one giant leap in HP !!! :shift::ford: :happy feet: . Congrats :salute: .

Anything for the community man! We should be receiving the first ones shortly. there is going to be a small hang up though before we can install them. We promised Ultimate performance a dyno with their intercooler, so until that is complete we will not be installing the turbos.

Its also been a bit painful that Unleashed has been VERY slow to respond to us (2 - 4 days between correspondences).

• Like 1

Anything for the community man! We should be receiving the first ones shortly. there is going to be a small hang up though before we can install them. We promised Ultimate performance a dyno with their intercooler, so until that is complete we will not be installing the turbos.

Its also been a bit painful that Unleashed has been VERY slow to respond to us (2 - 4 days between correspondences).

Your working with Unleashed? How? I did my tune with Torrie using HPtuner VCM suite. I live in CA, getting my 2017 tuned required a lot of wot launches and logging...more than 50. He just recently (last week) asked me to do a run log some new variables.

I have now switched to using nGauge simply for the capability to switch tunes easily (no PC required)

• Like 1

Would this company be capable of cutting stainless steel exhaust flanges for custom down pipes?

Sadly no, how ever working with another company on this!

Your working with Unleashed? How? I did my tune with Torrie using HPtuner VCM suite. I live in CA, getting my 2017 tuned required a lot of wot launches and logging...more than 50. He just recently (last week) asked me to do a run log some new variables.

I have now switched to using nGauge simply for the capability to switch tunes easily (no PC required)

Not working with him, he is just our tuner.

IDK why it took 50 iterations...should have been about 4-5.

• Like 1

Not working with him, he is just our tuner.

IDK why it took 50 iterations...should have been about 4-5.

He started from scratch on the 2017. I was his 1st 2017 Edge, new strategy codes, so I guess he was playing it safe? I was wondering how you are getting tuned...onsite at Unleashed or logs sent to Torrie.

• Like 1