2016 Edge Sport (G2) Front & Rear Sway Bars

snmjim

snmjim,

As much as I dislike dealing with Summit I have to defend them over your comment. There have been a number of times I wanted something custom on a part and got no where with companies. A call to Summit to have them make the request and it got done. Most recently, custom runner lengths on an Edelbrock intake.

I support your comment on the time needed for "custom." I use to build with custom, tubular frames and they're not something built while waiting on a customer. 6 to 9 months was a common waiting time.

Edited by I'manedgeowner

snmjim,

As much as I dislike dealing with Summit I have to defend them over your comment. There have been a number of times I wanted something custom on a part and got no where with companies. A call to Summit to have them make the request and it got done. Most recently, custom runner lengths on an Edelbrock intake.

I support your comment on the time needed for "custom." I use to build with custom, tubular frames and they're not something built while waiting on a customer. 6 to 9 months was a common waiting time.

What defense is required, I never said anything deroragatory towards Summit, besides their one of my favorite.

• Like 1

snmjim,

My mistake. Not an excuse here but an explanation. I read what you wrote as saying, as a custom shop your customers are buying attention to detail and a level of quality the dealers of mass produced or bulk part quantities can't or don't offer. I didn't realize the mass you were referring to was your own. The dislike I have with Summit has to do exactly with this. Most recently with a JDM lowering kit. What I needed was out of stock and I almost had a long wait ahead because when they place an order the quantity is large and doesn't ship to Summit until it's finished. Fortunately this time I was able to get a drop shipment because what I needed was ready but the entire order was weeks away from getting shipped. Sometimes because of their size Summit can be a frustrating place to deal with but the customer service is top shelf.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im not a fan of how much body roll the edge has combined with the sensitive steering ratio. Hopefully this rear sway bar goes into production and I can snag one

Highly recommend getting in line by placing your order because their building these in batch runs so after this batch the next order will have to reach a Qty of 15 or more before they startup production again.

As you can see so far due to lack of materials and other various issues the 15-20 orders ADDCO has from our members has taken months.

If interested in jumping on this train recommend going to page 3 of this topic to find the ordering specifics and jump on board.

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

If I wanted to get in on this I would have to wait for them to enough people for later run? From reading though this post I am liking all the work that has been done on this.

Call now!!! You just might make it under the wire, it will be close

• Like 1

My CC just got charged from ADDCO for my bar, it should be here within a week!! keep a look out for yours if you are in this buy too! Now I just have to decide which setting to go with first, stiffer or stiffest... :headscratch::idea:

Mine just got the charge posted too..so things are happening...I might hold off on fitting the bar until some feedback comes in from other forum members re. which setting to go with..I will be paying a shop to fit mine so I want to make sure I get it right first time.

• Like 3

I just noticed something on my invoice. It notes Front and not rear. From reading the post they only have a rear sway. I have the correct rear one ordered right?

02-452-0U

Sway Bar 1-1/8" Ford Edge Front 15-18

HW2-2452-0U

HARDWARE KIT FOR 2452

There's only the one for the rear however, I notified the ADDCO POC...;-)

• Like 2