Fog Lights

I installed a headlight switch witch has two buttons for rear and front foglights. When the headlights are on and I press the front foglight I see that the green indicator light in the dash comes on. When I measure the switches wiring I see that there is a 2 volt signal coming from this switch. When the headlights are on and I press the switch the 2 volt signal is interrupted. This signal is probably going to the computer which turns on the green dash light. Does anybody know where this computer is located and if the computer is sending out a 12volt signal to power the fog lights I want to install? If yes, what is the color code of this wire and where can I find it? Ford Edge 2.0l Titanium 2015.

Gr Peter

• 10 months later...

I'm also looking to find a wiring diagram for the front end of my 2015 Edge Titanium.  I also added the fog light switch and enabled the fog lights through ForScan.  I'm sure the wires are there in the main harness for the fog lights, just like my Fusion, just not in the current bumper harness.  I just have no idea where to start looking without any type of schematics.

9 hours ago, HEAD said:

I'm also looking to find a wiring diagram for the front end of my 2015 Edge Titanium.  I also added the fog light switch and enabled the fog lights through ForScan.  I'm sure the wires are there in the main harness for the fog lights, just like my Fusion, just not in the current bumper harness.  I just have no idea where to start looking without any type of schematics.

To put fogs on the edge, you have to 1. Buy a European Crash bar or 2, weaken your own crash bar by cutting sections away

On 3/11/2019 at 1:48 AM, Nick Halstead said:

To put fogs on the edge, you have to 1. Buy a European Crash bar or 2, weaken your own crash bar by cutting sections away

If I wanted to install "factory style" lights instead of mounting aftermarket fog/driving lights then yes, I would have to do one of those two options.  I am making custom LED lights to fit in the smaller opening under the accent lights in the bumper.  The angle they will face will make them perfect for cornering lights.15FordEdge-Titanium_04_HR_parking-sensors.thumb.jpg.77bcc2457ffa2e8d2bf9b2f419eeed97.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Head, how goes your customization? I myself am looking into this type of upgrade circled the same spot on mine and wanted to know your outcome. Really shocked there isn’t anything aftermarket to plug and play here.

Ideally getting an HID in the current Parking LED and a smaller fog/turn below the parking LED would be nice.

0286A19C-738F-4E7E-8525-62A20F162447.png

• Like 3

I put in some ebay leds.  They lie flat and not too bad to wire in.   They are VERY bright.  I tied into a "on when running" circuit.   Although hard to see, the center has a yellow strip of led for a turn signal which was a little harder to tie in because I had to chase down the appropriate wire from the harness.    The two lights in the lower front are a pair of Phillips DRL's. 

image.png.3b5d169686adcabb20fcbda38bffc9af.pngimage.png.35468fbcee4cbe19afd07d103b2bd026.png

Edited by vega
  • Like 4

I got great news.  After $60 in manuals off ebay and about 30 minutes of testing I found the factory outputs from the BCM for the front fog lights.

IMG-0182.thumb.JPG.91ed81d5ff79493e12fa7ad71f89966c.JPG

After adding a factory style switch, and enabling fog lights in the BCM using ForScan, you need to add wires to pins 5 and 12 in the connector circled on the BCM.

IMG-0181.thumb.JPG.f154daa92904dce07d8816512a3fe19a.JPG

This is from the Edge manual.

IMG-0185.thumb.JPG.6ac19adb8dc44c1e891596f4ecf313a6.JPG

This is from the Fusion manual.

IMG-0188.thumb.JPG.6362ebb385a18ec2728f0b5d3b724c04.JPG

I am now in the process of trying to find where to buy the pins for the connector.

Edited by HEAD
removed wrong pictures
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HEAD said:

I got great news.  After $60 in manuals off ebay and about 30 minutes of testing I found the factory outputs from the BCM for the front fog lights.

if you don't have the "how to disassemble the whole car manual" here ya go https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8epPWB6ZdvaVkUtQk1CZFd6T3c

with that said, are the fog wire diagrams the same on fusion/edge? I only ask cause if you had a european edge wiring diagram you could check the differences. The euro edge has a host of wiring differences 

Thanks for the link!

The Edge manual does not show anything to do with the fog lights.  But both the Edge and Fusion use the same BCM.  So I compare the same diagrams from one manual to the other.  Then since I already added the switch and enabled the fogs with ForScan, I hooked my tester up to those two pins and verified that they do truly turn on and off with the fog light button.

This is from the Edge Manual:

IMG-0185.thumb.JPG.5bc58873d61bd0bf82e946b2aa79b121.JPG

This is from the Fusion manual:

IMG-0186.thumb.JPG.296bdbf6e30eb0f0df0ae32e2734ec44.JPG

Here is the switch page from the Fusion manual:

IMG-0187.thumb.JPG.5ec7cbad4b4134d046321869d6ecc0b9.JPG

This is the switch from the Edge manual:

IMG-0194.thumb.JPG.ac2e94d27ba5523d250f5ce783e15aff.JPG

• Like 3

7 hours ago, vega said:

I put in some ebay leds.  They lie flat and not too bad to wire in.   They are VERY bright.  I tied into a "on when running" circuit.   Although hard to see, the center has a yellow strip of led for a turn signal which was a little harder to tie in because I had to chase down the appropriate wire from the harness.    The two lights in the lower front are a pair of Phillips DRL's. 

Few questions:

How was the install?

Can you post the link to the eBay listing?

For the turn Signals, can't you just use the wiring for the stock turn signals? They are immediately above those lights at the bottom of the headlights. Might want to disable the stock front parking lights first as they operate on a dual voltage setup (link to how I did it).

Couldn't you have used the stock signature lighting's wires for input for the DRLs?

19 hours ago, omar302 said:

Few questions:

How was the install?

Can you post the link to the eBay listing?

For the turn Signals, can't you just use the wiring for the stock turn signals? They are immediately above those lights at the bottom of the headlights. Might want to disable the stock front parking lights first as they operate on a dual voltage setup (link to how I did it).

Couldn't you have used the stock signature lighting's wires for input for the DRLs?

Install was straightforward, add a fuse used to get 12v with engine on.  I know I could tap off of the turn signal socket but I wanted something further down the harness so that it would not interfere with removing the headlight anytime in the future.  I didn't have signature lighting (nor any wires from the harness) since I have a 2015 SE.  Here is a link to these lights. (for some reason this item now has a little circle on the end which you can easily cut because it is thin rubber)  I think if you have the signature light wiring, yes you could probably use that since these things hardly use any amperage but still incredibly bright. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-12V-LED-COB-Car-DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-Fog-Driving-Turn-Lamps-Waterproof/152533056341?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by vega
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bumping this as I am planning on running Diode Dynamics Stage Series 6" light bars as fog lamps and want to use the factory wiring and Forscan to do it on my wife's 17 SEL. Have you had any luck with the pins? Also, recommendations on which light switch control to order to maintain the stock look?

Edited by Coolpooler

I hear ya. Please let us know when you do. Also, thanks for taking the time to post the wiring pics, they've been helpful. I found these on Mouser, I think they're right. https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/638652-1?qs=%2Fha2pyFadui2mGEBvKKJIcICVfnS7sMTNPFPguObWu9Xn2CmfPKVtA==&tetid=CXCzSSuLCT

edit: After a 10 minute call to TE Connectivity a lovely CSR named Ginny was kind enough to provide me with the part number of the Molex pins: 33012-2002. The pins needed for the 2.8 and 6.3 mm sockets are Delphi:

139 799 33 for the 2.8mm and 155 433 16 for the 6.3 mm. Now I'm off to order some parts!

Edited by Coolpooler
better link

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They have a switch on eBay that I use, only 2 wires + and neg to battery ,tiny box that senses when the car is running on or off ,starts up LEDs when I turn car on shuts LEDs when I shut. Off car,it senses alternator power,Ihave 2 sets of LEDs in my 07 edge.simple install.I am also installing in my 2019 SEL(5 bucks) from China,you can also use the extra wire for turn signals(switchbacks)if u want.its exactly whatsneededfor adding DRLs to an edge.ebay DRL switch.

Edited by Engr146

22 hours ago, Engr146 said:

They have a switch on eBay that I use

I know you 'meant' to add the link to that switch but something happened, you were distracted and poof!  Happens to me all the time 'why did I walk into this room again?' ;)
So, the link is....? 

Edited by Gadgetjq
  • Like 1