Ford Edge RS

robertlane

I appreciate the compliment. My car doesn't have very many mods so I think you are giving me too much credit.

Power: tune and KN drop in filter 

Power stability : 160 tstat

Power to the ground :  H&R springs, rear motor mount, summer tires

Weight: add baby car seat, subtract stock heavy wheels, take out spare, add light weight 20s

Traction: 245 wide summer tires

Race weight: around 4375lb

But if not speed, were you going to get the RS to show off? The badge is available on eBay and can be attached to any car. 

As far as price, I have seen 50k 2018s sell for 40k so the difference is more than $1500.

I was holding out for the ST but they missed every promised deadline. On the bright side the new car makes boost just as well. 

Edited by 037
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Halstead said:

2 gears?

Im pretty sure this is an RS topic

If you think it's just two gears, then I don't know what to tell you. Back to the RS and what is going to set you off bitching, moaning and crying when it's released, and will you be getting one? 

Edited by blitz118

1 hour ago, Nick Halstead said:

Mods? FWD or AWD. Im just trying to understand your reasoning behind the ST being so superior

I went to the dealer yesterday and drove a 2018 sport and the 2019 ST. They both are huge upgrades from my 2011 but the ST handling and steering was increadible. Power felt similar but the ST is definitely much more fun to drive. The ST has the B&O sound system which definitely sounds better and more supportive seats. I would say it fits nicely as an upgrade to the sport at its price point. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

My "interpretation" of an Edge RS

Change the steering to match that of the GT350

Go to a magnetorheological suspension (a'la Cadillac CTS-V or Corvette)

Upgraded brakes (Beyond those of the ST)

Contiental's 400 hp 3.0L "tweaked" to 500+ hp with a higher redline

Improved swaybars

Upgraded exhaust including headers

The SS Design Kit including the fender flares as an option

AWD system from the Focus RS but beefed up

9 speed auto beefed up and geared for performance

That's all I can think of atm......

Edited by PrinzII
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have found out some info on upcoming Ford crossovers and now I believe that the most we will ever see in an Edge will be the 3L TT with 400 HP. I say this because Ford is working on a performance orientated Mustang Crossover.  It will feature the new Explorer rear drive architecture with Mustang inspired 4 door styling and engine variants equal to all but the most extreme Shelby models = V8.

Edited by Xtra

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, Xtra said:

I have found out some info on upcoming Ford crossovers and now I believe that the most we will ever see in an Edge will be the 3L TT with 400 HP. I say this because Ford is working on a performance orientated Mustang Crossover.  It will feature the new Explorer rear drive architecture with Mustang inspired 4 door styling and engine variants equal to all but the most extreme Shelby models = V8.

That will be me next car if they make an awd wagon with a big v8 up front..... and hello 2.7L whipple

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 3:05 PM, Xtra said:

I thought it was also planned to be all electric. or was it just 1 variant of the same vehicle that is electric? If its all electric and gets 300+ miles per charge within $60K I'm all in. 

There is a lot of fake news going on about this new crossover. I posted this V8 info a few months ago and now the latest scuttlebutt is it will only be available as an EV . This is unfortunate for people that were hoping for a mid size 2 row V8 muscle SUV. The info has been changing so fast who knows what it will really be and what power combos Ford will offer. I am sure that in 2 to 3 months there will be more info leaked. Real or fake it builds anticipation .

RS, is not just about straight line..... it also has to turn.  With our Edge as it sits now, out does my e90 m-sport 335D with m3 suspension and 265's in all 4 corners and some how out stops the BMW too.  My friends C5 vette with summer rubber struggles to shake the Oompa lol :ford:

Straight line performance is TBD right now ;-) working with a new tuner.

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...