Headlight bulbs for 2017 edge sport

Hi All, New to the forum. I have 2017 Edge Sport. I have a question regarding headlight bulb replacement. I work away from home and my wife took the car for service and whilst their she asked how much to upgrade headlights to LED, was told around £1,000 per headlight wtf!!

instead I looked online at powerbulbs, entered car details and the told me I need H7 bulbs which I bought(OSRAM Nightbreaker Laser) . My mate went to fit them today for me (I’m away) and he says they are the wrong type, should be H15?? Little confused as websites all say H7. Can you please advise what bulbs are required and if any of you have changed recently as the dipped halogen headlights are terrible at night.

cheers

jamie 

4 hours ago, Jamie said:

Hi All, New to the forum. I have 2017 Edge Sport. I have a question regarding headlight bulb replacement. I work away from home and my wife took the car for service and whilst their she asked how much to upgrade headlights to LED, was told around £1,000 per headlight wtf!!

instead I looked online at powerbulbs, entered car details and the told me I need H7 bulbs which I bought(OSRAM Nightbreaker Laser) . My mate went to fit them today for me (I’m away) and he says they are the wrong type, should be H15?? Little confused as websites all say H7. Can you please advise what bulbs are required and if any of you have changed recently as the dipped halogen headlights are terrible at night.

cheers

jamie 

many lights are different from country to country. since you're quoting in sterling, is it safe to assume that you're in the UK?

was your friend attempting to change the high beam? according to ford.co.uk, that's an H15.

The low beam is an H7. 

Good morning, yes I am from the UK.

the thought had crossed my mind and I have sent him a message but no reply as yet. 

Powerbulbs.co.uk state an H7 also that’s why I was confused when he sent the message. I will try and check with him and make sure he removed the correct bulb ?.

See below images, the black and orange H15 is what he removed and the H7 bulbs are the ones I bought 

E8DE0F45-D2D7-48AB-8B06-9799D41F1C37.jpeg

E31071EE-B238-4C70-81E9-B1F5EC071E42.jpeg

check out this page at ford.co.uk under "bulb specification chart."

here

Exterior Lamps

Lamp  Specification  Power (Watt) 
Brake and rear lamp.  P21/5W  21/5 
Central high mounted brake lamp.  W16W  16 
Cornering lamps.  H11  55 
Front direction indicator.  PY21W  21 
Front fog lamp.  H11  55 
Front fog lamp.  LED  LED