Learned Nothing At The DC Auto Show

vmaxbaby

So today finally made it to the DC autoshow.  A ton of nice vehicles and if money is no object man there is some extremely nice cars and suv's out there.  But on to the important part, went to the Ford booth twice once in the morning and once in the afternoon to talk to reps which I did and neither one of them knew there ass from a hole in the ground :( Was looking at the Edge ST and both times 2 different guys came over and I started telling them about the forums and youtube videos about the transmission issues and both of them acted like they never heard anything like that before.  I asked them both do you ever go out on the forums or have heard of YOUTUBE?  They claim they don't get into the details about any of the Fords they just know general info... I should have figured it as much but was worth a try.  Ask about the 2020 Edge ST and all they knew is late summer some info will be out about it but could tell me nothing else.  Than we talked about the Explorer ST first question I ask was 0-60 and 1/4 times... they knew nothing.  Next MPG of the explorer...they knew nothing.  I should have stayed home and not wasted a vacation day..LOL

show.JPG

Edited by vmaxbaby

10 minutes ago, IWRBB said:

We went the the Auto Expo when it was in town this winter.  Ford was completely out of brochures early on a Saturday.  

They need to get their shit together.

Are you sure that was Ford?  Sometimes those things are dealer sponsored and operated.

I don't know who they were they had sport coats and they were all about coming up to you when you were looking at their cars, asking you questions about why you like it and if you were interested in it but knew no spec's.  They did have the new GT500 there which being on the Shelby Forums I have seen those pictures and youtube video's but it was nice to see it in person.  I ask them a few questions about that car also but once again got the deer in the head lights look. :) I should have asked them if they heard the Ford Pinto was coming back to see if they would have said "Yes we heard that"  LOL 

The people who will be able to answer the transmission question is at the ST SUV experience. Unfortunately, the dealer/models at some of the booths at car shows don't much other than what they're told. They are there to sell cars and are not going to answer any negative questions about the car. Anyone going or has gone the ST SUV experience?