Brew City Boost Tuning

Special_K

53 minutes ago, Xtra said:

And now back on topic. I like the idea that BCB will work with you when you have a custom Edge unlike other tuners who are reluctant to do so. In my experience It was very difficult to find anyone that was willing to tune my car with it's custom turbos. To find a good EcoBoost tuner is no easy thing and BCB is a great find and asset to the community. :thumbsup:

Thanks bud!!! We are so excited to start the Ethanol tune!  Casey had been a wealth of knowledge!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Special_K said:

Hey bud, all proprietary info.  I can answer some questions over pm if you like.

Here is the BCB Terms from the website:

LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
By installing and using the Tuning IP or Tuning Product, the Customer agrees that they will not: (a) rent, lease, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, sell, sublicense, transfer, or provide access to the Tuning IP or Tuning Product to any third party, (b) use the Products for the benefit of any third party, (c) incorporate the Tuning IP or Tuning Product into a product or service the Customer provides to a third party, (d) interfere with any license key mechanism in the Tuning IP or Tuning Product or otherwise circumvent mechanisms in the Products intended to limit your use, (e) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, or otherwise seek to obtain or derive the source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, to any Tuning IP, except as permitted by law, (f) remove or obscure any proprietary or other notices contained in any Product, (g) use or allow the use of the Product IP in contravention of any federal, state, local, foreign or other applicable laws, rules or regulations, (h) use the Product for purposes for which it is not designed, including but not limited to using the Tuning IP or Tuning Product on any vehicles that the Tuning IP is not explicitly designed for, or (g) publicly post or distribute Brew City Boost, LLC’s Data Logs to its Competitors.

So not sure Log files are violating the terms. That said I bought tune, and I retract my request.

1 hour ago, NoDTMF said:

Here is the BCB Terms from the website:

LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
By installing and using the Tuning IP or Tuning Product, the Customer agrees that they will not: (a) rent, lease, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, sell, sublicense, transfer, or provide access to the Tuning IP or Tuning Product to any third party, (b) use the Products for the benefit of any third party, (c) incorporate the Tuning IP or Tuning Product into a product or service the Customer provides to a third party, (d) interfere with any license key mechanism in the Tuning IP or Tuning Product or otherwise circumvent mechanisms in the Products intended to limit your use, (e) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, or otherwise seek to obtain or derive the source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, to any Tuning IP, except as permitted by law, (f) remove or obscure any proprietary or other notices contained in any Product, (g) use or allow the use of the Product IP in contravention of any federal, state, local, foreign or other applicable laws, rules or regulations, (h) use the Product for purposes for which it is not designed, including but not limited to using the Tuning IP or Tuning Product on any vehicles that the Tuning IP is not explicitly designed for, or (g) publicly post or distribute Brew City Boost, LLC’s Data Logs to its Competitors.

So not sure Log files are violating the terms. That said I bought tune, and I retract my request.

Ours is proprietary as we are testing beta tunes.   I'm well aware of the privacy and licensing.

Well I wish you the best man!  Casey is awesome to work with.

Btw if your looking for shift videos check out my instagram e90_coaltrain

• Like 2

I find it interesting that BCB lists a HPFP for the Edge Sport 2.7EB. When I contacted Xtreme DI the manufactures of the HPFP  that BCB uses a few months ago they said they don't make one for the Edge Sport 2.7EB. Perhaps BCB has cracked the tune for the Edge using the XDI HPFP or XDI has a new product. I need to call them and find out what's up, I could use that HPFP for sure and possibly larger injectors to unleash the beast :angry22: . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Perblue said:

Great! Now I'll ask the usual question...what gains are they getting from a stock ST? ?

Unless I missed it I haven't seen anything posted, looked on site too. Seen your  results on your sport and they look good but far from stock.

Curious on this as well.

Everything shown so far has been on an Edge Sport, what about the ST? ?

12 hours ago, Perblue said:

Great! Now I'll ask the usual question...what gains are they getting from a stock ST? ?

Unless I missed it I haven't seen anything posted, looked on site too. Seen your  results on your sport and they look good but far from stock.

You would have to call and ask about the ST, they are still getting used to the edge but have 10 years of EcoBoost experience.   Call their main number, talk to Kelly and tell them that Colin and Jim sent ya.  They are great people!

10 hours ago, Xtra said:

I find it interesting that BCB lists a HPFP for the Edge Sport 2.7EB. When I contacted Xtreme DI the manufactures of the HPFP  that BCB uses a few months ago they said they don't make one for the Edge Sport 2.7EB. Perhaps BCB has cracked the tune for the Edge using the XDI HPFP or XDI has a new product. I need to call them and find out what's up, I could use that HPFP for sure and possibly larger injectors to unleash the beast :angry22: . 

We are currently working with Uwe (the owner) to get one in and test fit!

8 hours ago, Rimcrim said:

Curious on this as well.

Everything shown so far has been on an Edge Sport, what about the ST? ?

Same motor different trans, cant imagine it being that different to tune or squeeze some power out of it.  The only unknown is the trans.

• Like 2

Still waiting for my tune. I'm basically stock, just a 170 tstat. I will post draggy compares when I get it. I have a merge ramp where where I am hoping to break under 6 secs in the 0-60. My tune will be 91 octane. My edge is heavy, 4780 according to a truck scale. My best is 6.09 on 91 octane with unleashed. The 2 things I want examined are the early shift in 1st and the "messy" looking upshift from 2->3.

@Special_K how does your WoT compare to this:

EdgeSimpleTranny.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoDTMF said:

Still waiting for my tune. I'm basically stock, just a 170 tstat. I will post draggy compares when I get it. I have a merge ramp where where I am hoping to break under 6 secs in the 0-60. My tune will be 91 octane. My edge is heavy, 4780 according to a truck scale. My best is 6.09 on 91 octane with unleashed. The 2 things I want examined are the early shift in 1st and the "messy" looking upshift from 2->3.

@Special_K how does your WoT compare to this:

EdgeSimpleTranny.jpg

With the most recent trans tune i just pushed to them yesterday, the shifts are firmer and quicker.....and the launch is just tire smoking fun.  I look forward to your review! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xtra said:

I never thought of it until just now, 037 just made a lightbulb go off. Would my 107.26 mph on 91 pump gas be a racord  of some kind? 

Your time is noted on Leo's records slip in this string on page #1

Maybe the trophy got lost in the mail...:clapping::yahoo::happyfeet::hat_tip:

• Haha 1