Caliper Covers - Color Opinions Wanted!

SweetAnnie

26 minutes ago, vmaxbaby said:

Got a present tonight well two of them but first things first. 

IMG_8875.JPG

I am interested to know how close they come to the inside of the rim. I was pulling the trigger on the same ones you have but I could barely fit a folded piece of paper between my caliper and the inside of the rim without rubbing (We have the same rims)

I did email them and they assured me they fit though

The fronts went on as if they were OEM, the rear needed a little extra pushing to get them to line up but once you start to draw down the bolt they snap in place.  They should be tight against the brake caliper when installing them.   At least 1/4 inch away from the rim there is no way they will touch.  After install went out for a 20 minute road test and came back everything stayed in place. Have put these on my fathers car in 2013 when he bought a new Nissan and they are still on and look like new.  After about a month I did go and give a slight turn on the bolts to make sure they stayed tight and have not touched them since.   I rotate my tires so as part of my plan will always put a torq on them just to make sure they are still at 25 in-lbs. 

If you want 10% off your order use FAMFRIENDS10 at checkout.  :) 

IMG_8882.jpg

IMG_8881.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vmaxbaby said:

The fronts went on as if they were OEM, the rear needed a little extra pushing to get them to line up but once you start to draw down the bolt they snap in place.  They should be tight against the brake caliper when installing them.   At least 1/4 inch away from the rim there is no way they will touch.  After install went out for a 20 minute road test and came back everything stayed in place. Have put these on my fathers car in 2013 when he bought a new Nissan and they are still on and look like new.  After about a month I did go and give a slight turn on the bolts to make sure they stayed tight and have not touched them since.   I rotate my tires so as part of my plan will always put a torq on them just to make sure they are still at 25 in-lbs. 

If you want 10% off your order use FAMFRIENDS10 at checkout.  :) 

IMG_8882.jpg

IMG_8881.jpg

My mistake. I confused your pictures with SweetAnnie's I have the same rims in her pictures. Hopefully she has no issues with rim clearance 

On 6/19/2019 at 12:05 PM, SweetAnnie said:

These two statements are EXACTLY how I feel!  I talked to my detail guy and he would be more than happy to paint them, but he flat out said it's not going to last - he was the one who suggested the covers to me. 

The ST is my daily driver, if I wanted to go to the track, I'd be taking my 03 Cobra Terminator ;)

I paint the brackets/calipers on all my daily driver cars and trucks with Rustoluem Pro Satin black spray paint when I do brake jobs.  It never flakes off.

I might touch it up if needed when I rotate tires.  Works great, looks great, and is both cheap and easy.

Got an 03 Cobra in my garage too :)  No spray paint for that one.  Still has all stock brakes with only 18K miles on it.  

Edited by IWRBB

vmaxbaby, they look nice & I like the color of your car it looks awesome.  I have a 2016 Edge Sport with the OEM 21inch rims and when I first got my car I installed a set of these caliper covers. Unfortunately I had nothing but problems with them. They had clearance problems scraping the rim and causing a terrible noise. The clearance was just too tight with the 21 inch rims. I could get them to fit for a while but within a few miles they would move and start scraping . I adjusted them several times to try and alleviate the problem to no use, it got so bad I had to remove them. The covers were scratched and damaged beyond repair very quickly.  I was able to get a  complete refund on them. I hope you have no problems and they work well for you.

Edited by Xtra
  • Sad 1

Today went on a 200+ mile drive and came back and check the covers and checked the torque on the bolts and everything is still where it should be.  The covers are tight up against the face of the caliper and when I say tight I mean you couldn't get a piece of paper between them.  Hopefully they stay where they are and now that I have heard this I will check for sure now and than.  Thank you for the heads up.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:54 AM, IWRBB said:

Got an 03 Cobra in my garage too :)  No spray paint for that one.  Still has all stock brakes with only 18K miles on it.  

Nice! Mine only has 24k, the only thing that has been changed is the oil and tires - still have the original wiper blades on!  Borla Stingers and K&N cold air intake are the only mods, and I still have the OEM of those in the attic. 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:05 PM, onyxbfly said:

Have you considered powder coating your wheels? If you went with black the blue caliper covers would look hot! Or you could simply have your calipers powder coated..... :)

Both options are great - but more effort than I want to put into it, lol 

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:02 PM, SweetAnnie said:

I want to order caliper covers - but I'm so torn on color combos!!!  If I went with the blue, I would get them color matched to the body.  I have it narrowed down to these 4 combinations... what is your vote?!

Collage_2019-05-23_14_25_30.jpg

Resized_20190609_192200.jpeg

Resized_20190609_194217.jpeg

Off subject but I wanted to comment on your hood. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to mine ala some of the jeeps I see. Think it looks good, and sets your ST apart from the crowd!

Edited by mrmikesdeuce
Typo error
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 6:30 PM, SweetAnnie said:

Nice! Mine only has 24k, the only thing that has been changed is the oil and tires - still have the original wiper blades on!  Borla Stingers and K&N cold air intake are the only mods, and I still have the OEM of those in the attic. 

Well, our garages look even more similar now.  Traded our 2010 Sport for a 2019 ST recently.    

• 2 months later...