EcoBoost Tuning

Edge Guide

I like this idea actually.  So far you have to look in the 2.7EB, 2.0EB, Ecoboost Mods and Tech, and ST sections for any information about tuning. One section to talk about it just seems easier.  Especially since the same companies seem to tune both.  It would also be nice to see people talk about the actual tunes, like how they 'feel' and maybe some performance numbers they have seen.  I come from the FoST world where of course they have many tuners and even though the tunes all do about the same power they do have differences that are discussed.  Personally I am looking at something like the LMS but no one seems to answer anything about gains in normal every day driving or 0-60 or changes in shifting in the different modes.  Sure there is a blurb on the site but it is all very general.  There are no specifics about it other than some gains numbers and people crabbing it does not have the same power gains as the Sport on the ST version.  Gains are great but I want to know how it is doing in all areas so hopefully this section will help a little more. 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:38 PM, akirby said:

There are two very different ecoboost engines- should we have separate forums for the 2.0 and 2.7?

My vote would be to do separate forums for each, this would simplify finding specific Info for that engine.

From past experience...its already hard enough digging out Info that's spread throughout various non relative threads...:hat_tip:  

• Like 3

On 6/17/2019 at 7:37 AM, jamie1073 said:

I like this idea actually.  So far you have to look in the 2.7EB, 2.0EB, Ecoboost Mods and Tech, and ST sections for any information about tuning. One section to talk about it just seems easier.  Especially since the same companies seem to tune both.  It would also be nice to see people talk about the actual tunes, like how they 'feel' and maybe some performance numbers they have seen.  I come from the FoST world where of course they have many tuners and even though the tunes all do about the same power they do have differences that are discussed.  Personally I am looking at something like the LMS but no one seems to answer anything about gains in normal every day driving or 0-60 or changes in shifting in the different modes.  Sure there is a blurb on the site but it is all very general.  There are no specifics about it other than some gains numbers and people crabbing it does not have the same power gains as the Sport on the ST version.  Gains are great but I want to know how it is doing in all areas so hopefully this section will help a little more. 

Check out what i have posted about BCB ? our group has a 50.00 dollar discount with them and we are currently working on another trans tune iteration. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be great if we could find and move the tuning threads here.  Or at least the recent ones that have the terms Tune or Tuning in the title.  Especially since there are two tuning threads about the LMS tune for the ST in two different sections.  So to keep people updated on my findings with this tune I have to post in 2 places just so the people will see the info, in case they do not check both threads.  Then there is the Brew City Boost thread. 

Edited by jamie1073

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

I moved the ones I saw.  If I missed one just PM me.  I also made links in the engine tuning sections for the 6F55 tuning topic which I think should stay in the transmission section.

Looking good.  Thank You.  It should make it a heck of a lot easier to find the info, especially for new members. 

• 3 years later...