2016 Edge SEL Headlight bulb replacement with LED

Wife got a 2016 Lincoln MKX Premier, and I got a 2016 Edge SEL last month and really happy from driving an 2002 Explorer for 18 years. 

Got into my wife's Lincoln for the first time last night and BLOWN away by the diference with her HID headlights compared to my halogens with 36K miles. Started researching and settled on "SEALIGHT H11/H9 Low Beam 9005/HB3 High Beam LED Headlight Bulbs Combo.

LOTS of various info out there and hard to "sort through it all" but VERY happy with the results. 

I purchased the H11-9005 S2 kit and was pleasantly suprised that the output was as good as my wife's 2016 Lincoln MKX with Factory HID. Low beam LED alignment perfect 90 degree. Exceptional product.

Great replacement for 2016 Ford Edge

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 016 Edge Titanium (shouldnt be much difference in headlights than your SEL).  I have complained about the lights since we bought it new in 016 and have tried a bunch of alternatives, including LED, HID, and finally, the H9 replacements for low beam.  Sorely disappointed in the LED and HID options and all but the H9 halogens have been a flop.  I did install LED in the high beam and they're quite a bit better than the original but still not what I feel are a safe option.  I get a lot of reflectivity down-road at night but the road itself is all but impossible to see at speed.

For our comparison, my wifes 09 and 014 Lexus are substantially better.

You said the Sealight kit was an improvement over stock, as good as the Lincoln with HID.  Thats quite an endorsement.  Do you still like them enough to keep?

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found a set of HID or LED’s that don’t go black after a few minutes? I tired an HID Canbus kit and they looked great for about 20 minutes until they suddenly quit and would only come back on for a few minutes at a time. Best I can tell its due to the PWM and the fact that DRL are same bulbs as low beams. 

any help is appreciated! Cant stand these dull halogens anymore! 

1 hour ago, Zach00 said:

Has anyone found a set of HID or LED’s that don’t go black after a few minutes? I tired an HID Canbus kit and they looked great for about 20 minutes until they suddenly quit and would only come back on for a few minutes at a time. Best I can tell its due to the PWM and the fact that DRL are same bulbs as low beams. 

any help is appreciated! Cant stand these dull halogens anymore! 

You will need to change the DRLs to your high beams or Turn signals. This can be done using ForScan or maybe a dealer. Alternatively, just disable them if your in an are that does not require them..