HELP! Reverse Tilting Mirror Issue

BobD

I have 3500 miles on my 2019 Edge Titanium. Up till 1 week ago my side mirrors tilted when in reverse. Once they stopped tilting I returned to my dealer and explained the issue. After diagnosing and having no trouble code appear and told me I don't have automatic tilting mirrors in reverse. BIZARRE!!!  I am not crazy. They did tilt for over 3475 miles of use . . . . then mysteriously they quit. The dealership is telling me there is nothing they can do and I understand this on their part . . . BUT . . . they did tilt and I have no reason to lie. I can just let if go but would like to have that feature work again. My build sheet does not show I have that feature after checking. I wish it did so I could show them but sadly it doesn't.  I am not imagining things nor trying to get something free. I hope someone reading this can give me some explanation other than I need to go see a shrink. ?

Edited by BobD

I have a 2019 Edge Titanium with 4,500 miles.  My mirrors have never tilted.  I have had 4 Edge Titaniums and none had tilting mirrors.  I have never seen this feature described in any Ford literature or web site.  However, if you find it is an available feature I would definitely be interested in it.  The backup camera provides a lot of visibility when backing up but not along side the vehicle.

1 hour ago, handfiler said:

My Nautilus doesn't have it either. I had it on 2 previous vehicles and I miss this feature a lot. It was quite useful when backing into my garage which has a fairly steep incline. The 360* camera view is nice but not nearly as confidence inspiring as good old fashioned side view mirrors.

Here you go. HTH

Screenshot_2020-01-29 2GFusions - Ford As-Built Data Mods (DanMc85).png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Here you go. HTH

Screenshot_2020-01-29 2GFusions - Ford As-Built Data Mods (DanMc85).png

Just to confirm, this works on the Edge, I have had it enabled for more than a year. Only to get the mirror to dip while in reverse, you have to select the mirror side using the mirror adjust controls (you can select it even while already in reverse), then that side would dip Press the other side and then it would dip and the other reverts to normal. Also, on my Edge, the Instrument cluster does not show the option for the mirror dip setting (enable/disable).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akirby said:

This is the Forscan option I mentioned earlier in case that wasn't clear.

If you are referring to your first post in this thread, you alluded to a possible option in Forscan. If you provided more complete information to a similar query earlier then a link would have been nice. A third possibility that it's just one of your typical irritable responses.

Edited by handfiler

47 minutes ago, handfiler said:

If you are referring to your first post in this thread, you alluded to a possible option in Forscan. If you provided more complete information to a similar query earlier then a link would have been nice. A third possibility that it's just one of your typical irritable responses.

There was zero mention of Forscan in that post so anyone reading it who did not already know Forscan wouldn’t have a clue what those were.  I was simply clarifying that.   How that could be irritating is beyond me.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

There was zero mention of Forscan in that post so anyone reading it who did not already know Forscan wouldn’t have a clue what those were.  I was simply clarifying that.   How that could be irritating is beyond me.

Agree with this but found your response to onyxbfly somewhat odd.

9 hours ago, akirby said:

This is the Forscan option I mentioned earlier in case that wasn't clear.

You almost seem irritated........?

• 2 years later...
On 1/29/2020 at 10:49 PM, omar302 said:

Just to confirm, this works on the Edge, I have had it enabled for more than a year. Only to get the mirror to dip while in reverse, you have to select the mirror side using the mirror adjust controls (you can select it even while already in reverse), then that side would dip Press the other side and then it would dip and the other reverts to normal. Also, on my Edge, the Instrument cluster does not show the option for the mirror dip setting (enable/disable).

I can also confirm as well that it is available - I just enabled it on my '17 Egde.

I am wondering though how to set the actual position desired into memory, because otherwise it just tilts down all the way and I have to adjust it back up - defeating the feature.

• 4 months later...

I changed the values with Forscan from the sheet above, you have to use As-built change, not just the "start" button changes. 

I programmed it by doing the following

0. Select memory setting

1. Turn on car

2. Select mirror to program (left/right)

3. Put car in reverse

4. Adjust mirror how you want it. 

5. Press and hold memory setting you use for you used until you hear a beep

6. Put car back in park (wait 15 seconds), mirror will return to original position. 

7. Repeat for left/right side. 

2021 Ford Edge ST with Performance brake package and all the bells and whistles. 

• Like 1