Would you?

Chipster

If by some strange alignment of the planets and Ford offered up a wide range of custom colors for the 2021 Edge, (or any gen 2) would you pay an extra $2,500.00 to get one of the colors that VW offered? If so, which one do you like?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/06/vw-golf-r-spektrum-breakdown/#slide-2255258

I think I would go for the "Racing Green", but would love to see an Edge in "TNT Orange".

Edited by Chipster

Years ago I ran across a guy who worked at Buick in their corporate office. We talked about several things, very interesting person. It turned to the colors they offered on their cars and he told me they chose their colors up to five years in advance. It was based on how the economy was doing (or rather was expected to be doing). 

Certain colors only sold when the economy was doing good (mostly bright colors), others when the economy was tanking (darker, greens, blues, browns). 

There is a real science in back of color choice. A lot of money can be lost by offering a bad color choice.

BTW, future color-casting was related to woman's skirt heights.

The higher the skirt height, the better the economy. Skirts at mid-thigh meant a very conservative economy. Mini skirts, very liberal.

I imagine this has changed in today's world, but color still has a sexual component. (As does the sound the door makes when its closed and the seat configuration). 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

Years ago I ran across a guy who worked at Buick in their corporate office. We talked about several things, very interesting person. It turned to the colors they offered on their cars and he told me they chose their colors up to five years in advance. It was based on how the economy was doing (or rather was expected to be doing). 

Certain colors only sold when the economy was doing good (mostly bright colors), others when the economy was tanking (darker, greens, blues, browns). 

There is a real science in back of color choice. A lot of money can be lost by offering a bad color choice.

BTW, future color-casting was related to woman's skirt heights.

The higher the skirt height, the better the economy. Skirts at mid-thigh meant a very conservative economy. Mini skirts, very liberal.

I imagine this has changed in today's world, but color still has a sexual component. (As does the sound the door makes when its closed and the seat configuration). 

It's funny you mention all that about skirts. Supposedly Ford truck colors come from the lingerie colors found on modeling runways... I was never able to verify that, but I don't think it is impossible either. After having worked at Ford, I don't think the colors were chosen much more than maybe 12-18 months in advance. but I was an engineer in a production plant, not on the front end where they chose/tested colors

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, nikkinemo95 said:

Would is a past-tense form of will. If you are writing about past events, you can use it to indicate something that was in the future at that point in time, but is not necessarily in the future right now. In other words, you use would to preserve the future aspect when talking about the past.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ..................... yeaaaaaaa. 

You been smoking banana peals, nikkinemo95?

lol:kookie:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, nikkinemo95 said:

Would is a past-tense form of will. If you are writing about past events, you can use it to indicate something that was in the future at that point in time, but is not necessarily in the future right now. In other words, you use would to preserve the future aspect when talking about the past.

Would you give me a break, or perhaps I should say brake, so that you can word police me on that in the future too? Peals? That's it, but he is going to get you now! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikkinemo95 said:

You sir are also wrong in trying to correct him.

would

verb
  1. 1.
    past of will1, in various senses.
    "he said he would be away for a couple of days"
  2. 2.
    (expressing the conditional mood) indicating the consequence of an imagined event or situation.
    "he would lose his job if he were identified"

He used it correctly! Damn I hate language police. I'm sure there is an irony here somewhere.

Edited by Perblue
  • Like 1