Off Road Build Ideas

Hey Everyone,     

was wondering if anyone out there has done anything pointed a little more to off road such as Tires, rims, lift or anything else? New to the edge and was wondering if I had any options the weather where I live can be pretty wild sometimes and my family stays on farms mostly so there is some mudding sometimes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Wow it does exist. Can't say I've seen anyone on here do it and I can't say if it's any good.

https://www.4wheelparts.ca/v/ford-edge/suspension/shock-absorbers-shock-accessories/_/N-1slhxZcm61p

https://traxda.com/109030.html

It's not really the platform for it, it's basically a ford fusion(unibody) but whatever floats your boat. 

• Like 1

Yeah I figured haha, thanks for the info I will be looking into that lift kit I think the lift with some Goodyear Duratracs will be what I'm looking for. I just got to try and not put to much stress on it if it is a ford fusion (unibody) I'm not planning on going into the ditch or rock climbing with it just like the idea of getting not getting stuck if I need to get through some mud, Well its settled then I am going to be that person and ill start a semi off road/ performance build for the 3.5 v6 awd and track my progress. I will do this with all my vehicles and try and get the best out of them or what I want out of them. but the goal is not to be over board or make it unreliable. 

10 hours ago, TheFuzzyEdge said:

Yeah I figured haha, thanks for the info I will be looking into that lift kit I think the lift with some Goodyear Duratracs will be what I'm looking for. I just got to try and not put to much stress on it if it is a ford fusion (unibody) I'm not planning on going into the ditch or rock climbing with it just like the idea of getting not getting stuck if I need to get through some mud, Well its settled then I am going to be that person and ill start a semi off road/ performance build for the 3.5 v6 awd and track my progress. I will do this with all my vehicles and try and get the best out of them or what I want out of them. but the goal is not to be over board or make it unreliable. 

Haha ok sounds good. When you mentioned lifting it I immediately pictured a 6 inch lift with 35"ers on it. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, niceonept said:

Only those models aren't available in every country.

The idea of an Edge off-roader sounds cool. I'd like to see it.

I'm pretty sure Brits are only allowed to go offroad in a Land Rover......

Edited by akirby

Man that's fantastic.  Love to travel, see strange and foreign lands. Had no idea about the costs to visit places like the Serengetti. Never thought about the costs of places like this.

Bet its an interesting ride in the living area when underway; inasmuch as how high up it sits. 

Thanks for posting 

• Like 1