Motorcraft Wiper Blades

I just wanted to recount my experience replacing my wipers, 2016 Edge SEL.

I was amazed the original blades lasted about 4 years, never had that before. So, I wanted to replace with the same, Motorcraft. When ordering from Rock Auto, I didn't notice that I was ordering WW2801PF, which is a universal replacement, it has several adapters in the package.

I was disappointed that these blades were noisier than the originals, and didn't seem to wipe as well.

After a few months, I went to the Motorcraft website. They show these blades as replacement, but show other blades as OE replacements. They are WW2755 for left, and WW2760 for right. I don't know why they need different numbers for right and left, you would think they would be the same.

Anyway, these blades come with the Edge adapter pre-installed, and no other adapters in the package.

I am happy to say these are just as quiet as the originals, and wipe very well.

My advice to anyone replacing with Motorcraft is to buy these OE replacements. Rock Auto had these, as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, normkol said:

They are WW2755 for left, and WW2760 for right. I don't know why they need different numbers for right and left, you would think they would be the same.

They are different because of the aero spoiler. Since they are mounted in opposite directions the aero spoilers are flipped. Also, if I remember correctly, they each only install on their designated side, they can't be installed swapped.

And I do agree, they are very good wipers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, omar302 said:

And I do agree, they are very good wipers.

I second that - I buy OEM Motorcraft on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-WW2755-Wiper-Blade/dp/B01KHL5ZQU/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3O5P12LIZ8GZK&dchild=1&keywords=motorcraft+ww2755&qid=1606769830&sprefix=WW2755%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-1

Edited by 1004ron

I understand now why there are different numbers for left and right.

Rock Auto is much cheaper than Amazon on these, about $7 each. So, even with shipping, it is a better deal.

I try to buy automotive parts from automotive parts dealers, other products also from their specialty dealers. I'm afraid of a world where Amazon becomes the only place to go to.

48 minutes ago, normkol said:

I understand now why there are different numbers for left and right.

Rock Auto is much cheaper than Amazon on these, about $7 each. So, even with shipping, it is a better deal.

I try to buy automotive parts from automotive parts dealers, other products also from their specialty dealers. I'm afraid of a world where Amazon becomes the only place to go to.

The parts sold on Amazon are sold by Automotive parts dealers, many of them are registered Ford dealerships, so I buy from any place that sells genuine OEM parts at the best price.

RockAuto.com isn't always cheaper than Amazon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer told me years ago that the blades that come with the car are special blades and not the ones you can buy from the dealership.

He said (and this was years ago) that the blades Ford installed at the factory were Trico, top of the line.

The Motorcraft replacments could be anything as they spec'ed  and contracted with several blade mfgrs. (He got this from his area rep).

As for me, I've had the same blades on for three years now. Wipe them with an alcohol wipe then spray them with 303 protectant. The alcohol wipe cleans off the dirt and road oil and the 303 protects the rubber from the UV of the sun.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2