Pressure washer

Pressure washer is not “required” but most people use them now cause Foam looks cool. I’ve been foaming my cars for what seems like a decade but these last 6 months, I’ve pulled the pressure washer out less and less, unless its a clients car. If getting a pressure washer just for washing a car. I’d stick to electric. And stay away from the 0degree tip. 

ACFF9DD2-2612-49E6-A170-250C79FECDD2.jpeg

• Like 3

Gas pressure washers are fine, just remember to use a 40° tip on the car. I've used a 25° tip on wheels without problems. 

This is what I have used for car and engine bay: WORX WG625

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8JZDXC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_G1T7R0M3CFDMNSR97R65?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Can use distilled or solf water for rinsing (huge difference when drying - no streaks). Also has former and soft brush for washing. Works great. Easy to hook up (just snap in a battery) drop the line in a bucket of soap to wash or soft water to rinse. No hose or extension cords.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

This is what I have used for car and engine bay: WORX WG625

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8JZDXC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_FM3FNCGEKMHSH5QJRYKX?psc=1

What a great find! Never knew something like this existed. How's the battery life? Maybe I'll get this for my brother for Christmas and I can finally get my pressure washer back!

• Like 1

Battery life is fairly good (Lithium) around 15 minutes. Check out comments on Amazon first, its pressure doesn't come close to an electric or gas washer. Good for engine bay, convenient. But pressure is much lower.

I've also used it to spray down my garden tractor. Being battery, just slap in the battery, grab a bucket of water (use soft water from house), spray with cleaner and brush, then spray off. Like I said, convenient. 

Here's the video where I found it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

just for fun ... people in the detailing world will probably laugh at it, lol.

Well, not all. The guy in the video (where I got the idea) is a professional detailer. (Dallas Paint Correction and Detailing.) I follow this guy, great tips.

He uses it for spraying down the engine compartment as it doesn't use high pressure (which could drive water into the wrong places) and thst you can use distilled or soft water instead if hose water.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 3