Noob

dano126

Well, I didn't get it.  I got to keep it over night.  We took a small road trip, about an hour or so from home.  We drove back home in the night.  The thing I didn't like most about it, was that the headlights didn't seem to cast very well on low beams, high beams were good.  Also, after driving it for an extended time, I couldn't even talk myself into liking the  car.

I went on to a 2014 Flex Limited, AWD.  That car, I really liked, but the wife didn't, well, she didn't like the "box"
 look.  Yes, its a limited, and its got a lot of bells and whistles I didn't need.  I didn't care for the ride that the 20" tires gave, and the 3.5 Ecoboost didn't give very good fuel economy.  It was also priced a little high for a 2014 with 84K miles.

So, my search continues....

3 hours ago, dano126 said:

Well, I didn't get it.  I got to keep it over night.  We took a small road trip, about an hour or so from home.  We drove back home in the night.  The thing I didn't like most about it, was that the headlights didn't seem to cast very well on low beams, high beams were good.  Also, after driving it for an extended time, I couldn't even talk myself into liking the  car.

I went on to a 2014 Flex Limited, AWD.  That car, I really liked, but the wife didn't, well, she didn't like the "box"
 look.  Yes, its a limited, and its got a lot of bells and whistles I didn't need.  I didn't care for the ride that the 20" tires gave, and the 3.5 Ecoboost didn't give very good fuel economy.  It was also priced a little high for a 2014 with 84K miles.

So, my search continues....

If you liked the "look" of the Edge, check out a Sport or Titanium trim one with the better headlights (can't remember what equipment group they are included in). Maybe the peppier engine and those headlights will sway you.

18 hours ago, dano126 said:

We drove back home in the night.  The thing I didn't like most about it, was that the headlights didn't seem to cast very well on low beams, high beams were good. 

I agree 100%. I had a 2016 Ti and the headlights were so absolutely terrible that i got rid of the car. In fact, I can't believe they were legal. i traded it for a 2020 ST with LED headlights and they are fantastic.

I've mentioned it here before but I live in a fairly rural area and the road i travel on most of the time is hilly and winding with loads of wildlife. Driving at night was always extremely stressful.

If you like the Edge otherwise, don't be discouraged. Try and find one with better headlights. I've not had personal experience but I believe HID headlights were available on the '16. I don't know when LED became available. I personally wouldn't bother with trying to improve the lights with LED or HID bulbs in the housing designed for incandescent bulbs.

good luck and keep the forum up to date with what you decide or find.

• Like 1