Group 65 Battery in 2nd Gen Possible?

15 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Ok, that is the opposite of everything I know and have read about lead acid batteries. Lithium ion batteries cycle life is significantly increased by only charging to 80% of full, but lead acid requires top up with equalizing voltage of 14.6 or better at least once a month to avoid early sulfation and loss of capacity. 

They don't like to be deeply discharged for sure, that ruins them too but they prefer 95% plus charging most of the time, and require top up occasionally. 

There is no official reason from Ford on why the battery is charged to 80% (as far as I know). Maybe it is simply for fuel economy that charging the battery from 80% to 100% requires considerably more energy that they deemed that it is not worth the extra fuel, hence charging to only 80% and selecting an appropriate battery size accordingly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, omar302 said:

There is no official reason from Ford on why the battery is charged to 80% (as far as I know). Maybe it is simply for fuel economy that charging the battery from 80% to 100% requires considerably more energy that they deemed that it is not worth the extra fuel, hence charging to only 80% and selecting an appropriate battery size accordingly.

Fair enough, thanks for the information

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Nexus said:

guys, im in the process of getting a new battery as well. I went for an H6 AGM 760, What do i set FORSCAN to? 01?

this is what i got

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-eliminator-agm-group-size-48-h6-l3-battery-760-cca-0104820P.0104820.html

From the battery list, yes, 01.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

if it is the biggest baddest agm battery that ford has to offer, 149.95 is an excellent price indeed. something you might get if you were a LEO lol.

my guess is it would be the minimum battery that meets factory specs for your vehicle.

Right, and paying for instalation probably makes it less of a value, if it is something you can do yourself.. which I'd say most people can.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...