330,000 mile 3.5 Duratec front end rebuild due to first water pump failure

macbwt

Although I'm really sorry for the lost of your pump and the amount of work to rebuild the front end, I'm very happy to hear that my car is not even half way there yet.  Peace of mind?  Maybe lol.

No, on the contrary, Ford wouldn't want to use him in their ads, Ford would like to disappear those videos from the net!, he's actually "killing" Ford main business: selling new cars!! Lol

Thank you Mac for your tremendous work and information, you're the one keeping me going on my 10-year old Edge, hopefully turning 11 soon ? ?.

Edited by Edgingage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Edgingage said:

No, on the contrary, Ford wouldn't want to use him in their ads, Ford would like to disappear those videos from the net!, he's actually "killing" Ford main business: selling new cars!! Lol

Disagree. Edge lasting for 330,000 miles is a selling point for buying a Ford. 

I'm considering having the water pump replaced as preventive maintenance around 175,000. But, if Mac is getting 300,000+ maybe I should rethink this. (Currently 12 years and still under PremiumCARE full warranty. So if it goes now. Pfffff!)

• Like 3