Edge 2019 SEL Place for Towing Hook

Hello All,

Where is the place for the towing hook (front and back)? 

I searched front and back but did not find a place where I can hook the car to pull out in case of getting stuck in the sand or loading onto a tow truck.

I didn't have the hook included, but I bought a used car and the hook may have been lost by the previous owner. 

Before buying a new hook, I wanted to find a place to screw it in, but I did not find it.

Could someone show the mounting points in the picture?

Ford Edge 2019, SEL, ordered from USA

Thank you.

Edited by BaZZaD

On 1/18/2022 at 3:25 AM, enigma-2 said:

This is the lem version. Click on the diagram for where to attach.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2019_Edge-SEL-Sport-Utility/Tow-Hook/64837609/EM2Z17A954A.html

Hello Friend,

Thanks for the link, but I did not find in the diagram where to attach the hook on the car. 

I need to find a hidden place on the front and rear bumper to attach this hook.

I came across this site, seems to describe the front location. (They say there's no location on the rear, perhaps the tow hitch?). Anyway

https://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/ford/edge/product.cfm?productID=60838674

The hook location is always off-center, 

behind the cars main rail (for strength). Look where the structural main rail reaches the front of the car. Any screw hole for a toe hook will be drilled onto this member.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:31 AM, enigma-2 said:

I came across this site, seems to describe the front location. (They say there's no location on the rear, perhaps the tow hitch?). Anyway

https://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/ford/edge/product.cfm?productID=60838674

The hook location is always off-center, 

behind the cars main rail (for strength). Look where the structural main rail reaches the front of the car. Any screw hole for a toe hook will be drilled onto this member.

https://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/ford/edge/product.cfm?productID=60838674 - this picture looks like Ford ESCAPE.

This is pics of my car. Can someone from the owners of the same car, can indicate the place?

20220121_095154.thumb.jpg.5e2d87738ef3b8e668a6600172c046e7.jpg20220121_095141.thumb.jpg.2df805b0416c965fce999cdf9c859728.jpg20220121_095137.thumb.jpg.6a3b98437004c02be959d1b3fb10d5dd.jpg20220121_095129.thumb.jpg.26f6f43e29444767ed764b89c4cf407c.jpg

On 1/21/2022 at 9:34 PM, Waldo said:

US (and Canadian) spec cars aren't required to have tow hooks.  The ones sold in other markets do.

How many cars I had, the first time I see that there would be no hook. 

I wonder what the manufacturer was thinking when he decided to abandon the hooks? If your car gets stuck somewhere, you can leave it forever. )))

8 hours ago, BaZZaD said:

I wonder what the manufacturer was thinking when he decided to abandon the hooks? If your car gets stuck somewhere, you can leave it forever. )))

For many years American models didn't have any hooks, especially for cars & crossovers. For recovery, it is still possible. See this channel where they do a lot of recoveries by hooking to the lower control arms.

https://youtube.com/c/MattsOffRoadRecovery

13 hours ago, BaZZaD said:

The hooks installed by the OWM weren't for pulling a car from the snow or mud. They were for tying the car to the deck of a ship for overseas shipment. (In other words, necessity).

The usualy reason for installing toe hooks aftermarket is to tow the car behind a motor home (not for pulling out of snow or mud when stuck).

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 7:49 PM, enigma-2 said:

The hooks installed by the OWM weren't for pulling a car from the snow or mud. They were for tying the car to the deck of a ship for overseas shipment. (In other words, necessity).

The usualy reason for installing toe hooks aftermarket is to tow the car behind a motor home (not for pulling out of snow or mud when stuck).

Not true, the hooks that thread through the bumper are specifically designed for vehicle recovery.  But as noted, the North American recovery industry has found other ways to get vehicles out when they are stuck.

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

Not true, the hooks that thread through the bumper are specifically designed for vehicle recovery.  But as noted, the North American recovery industry has found other ways to get vehicles out when they are stuck.

Do the hooks attach to the steel bumper or the frame? I've seen several videos online (other makes) where the bumpers are stripped off when attempting any real recoveries using the recovery hooks. I know the Euro Edge (Gen2) does have the bumpers with holes for the recovery hooks. My "GCC" spec Edge (basically a NA spec with few changes) also has the holes and recovery hook stowed in the cargo area, but I would be afraid to use it for fear of damage to the bumpers.

What you see in online videos is usually the fascia getting ripped off,  The fascia is not the bumper.  The tow hooks thread into the steel bumper which is rigidly attached to the frame.  It's generally designed for 2.5 times the weight of the vehicle and should be more than sufficient to pull the vehicle out of a stuck situation.