What years are best for edge?

jljbtm

My '15 rear shocks died at about 60k miles; well, actually just one. It seized solid and would NOT move, making it "crash" over bumps until I replaced it. They are cheap/easy to replace if you're mechanically inclined, really. It was the only issue in my '15; though, I did do a Sync3 upgrade which is a must.  Needed rear brake shoes too at about 60k miles while the fronts were fine. That's odd since the fronts SHOULD be doing the majority of braking, so maybe this is something to do with the electronic parking brake or something. Same thing is happening with the Mrs Volvo: rears down to 4mm while the fronts are at 8mm. This is with the Sport model and the 2.7l turbo motor.  The motor in the car is also pretty important in this discussion, obviously. Early '15 models had water ingress issues due to a manufacturing defect. This was rectified around May of 2016, as I recall. There's a smoking issue related to the oil feed tube in 16-17 models with cutoffs dates in there somewhere. The '19+ are nice, but it seems they removed some features and the ST version also has an all-black headliner area, making the interior feel a bit like the bat cave. Some like it, some don't, and some don't even notice until you point it out to them. I've got an ''18 Sport and have only had it a few months. I THOUGHT maybe I was using coolant, but a dealer checkup says "all good". I'll monitor coolant levels.

It's an easy car to maintain and the technology

The best Ford Edge & Lincoln MKX model years are 2022, 2021 2020, 2019, 2018, 2014, and 2009. 

The worst model years for the Edge and Lincoln MKX are 2015, 2016, 2017, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2007 and 2008. 

The best of the best are 2020, 2021, and 2022 Ford Edge & Lincoln (as would be expected).

This is based on auto industry reviews, NHTSA statistics, reported problems and consumer feedback.

RE: 15 Best & Worst Ford Edge Years (With Facts & Stats). 

https://enginepatrol.com/ford-edge-best-and-worst-years/

• Thanks 1

• 1004ron changed the title to What years are best for edge?
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Subjectively, quantifiably, or what best? Best now or best when it was released?

thought a 2020 was best for me. 2.0 without the coolant intrusion issue (fingers crossed), 8 speed transmission, LED headlights (but they are so bad), SYNC 3 (I don't like SYNC 2 without Android Auto, don't like SYNC 4 and portrait style display and no EACT hard buttons), AWD disconnect (but I ended up getting FWD).

The 2014 Flex had 7hp and 4lb feet of torque more than the 2018 Edge, but the Flex weights 500-600 pounds more.

I thought that the 2.0 would get me better mileage than the 3.5, however compared to my 2012 Fusion with the 3.5, they are very similar, however I tend to drive my Edge on cruise and stay with traffic and my Fusion I tend to be more aggressive in breaking out of packs of cars. I can get 32 mpg consistent in the 2.0 Edge, but one stomp into turbo territory and I am down to 28 mpg average over the entire tank. If I behave myself mostly in my Fusion 3.5 I get around 28, and if I stomp it a few times down to 26. It is AWD and higher mileage, and not an SUV, so not apples-apples comparison though.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 2007 Edge SEL+ that I bought new, and kept until March 2021 when I traded it for a 2021 Edge Titanium.

The 2007 had 205,000 miles on it.....the only things I had to do to it in 14 years, other than normal maintenance, was replace a rear wheel bearing and, at 180,000 miles, the torque converter.  That was a very dependable and great vehicle.

So far the 2021, with 18,000 miles on the clock, has been just as good. I do like the Ecoboost 2.0 engine...I have that same engine in my 2022 Maverick XLT, and it kicks ass!

• Like 1