Battery in deep sleep. Auto stop start will not work.

I have a 2022 Ford EDge. For three months the auto start/stop feature does not work.  Ialso get messages that the batter goes into deep sleep mode to conserve the battery.   I am guessing that a low batter is the problem, but when I take it to the Ford dealership they don’5 know what the problem could be and they pump off.    I am driving to Florida soon and I don’t what the car to die on the way due to a dead battery.   Any idea how I can address this?

It is my understanding that many of the deep sleep messages were programming errors and you weren't actually going into deep sleep mode.  I got the messages, too, but the car functioned fine.  I read something about this recently but I don't recall where.

Auto start / stop is very complex.  There are posts in this forum that list the criteria.  During the summer, mine seldom kicks in.  But that's okay.  If auto start / stop doesn't kick in, it doesn't necessarily indicate a bad battery.

If the dealer has tested your battery and it shows good, I wouldn't fret it.  Take the trip and enjoy the drive. 

• Thanks 2

There are various SSM and CSPs for 2017-2022 vehicles and deep sleep message when:

the battery voltage is above 9.5v

SOC is above 50%

it hasn't sat for 14 days

no TCU update received OTA

(all of the above items mean it should not go into deep sleep, and a BMS reset then diagnostics should be ran if the battery tests out)

My parents 2020 Explorer suffered through that, and the dealer was oblivious to any of the SSMs for it. I am not clear on if they had issues with auto start/stop or not.

Did the dealer actually test the CCA of the battery or possibly just a quick voltage test? Seems early for a battery to have gone flat, but when I let my battery in my 2017 Escape get down to 200 CCA (it was a 760 CCA AGM battery), it wouldn't do auto start/stop (always the grey A with the slash), it would go into deep sleep overnight, and I couldn't listen the radio in accessory mode (which the equivalent to that in your 22 Edge might not be the same).

• Thanks 1