Thing On Air Intake/See Picture

bobert727

It is a resonater, it cuts down on some of the sound coming out of the exhaust. It is just s plastic box with a couple of chambers. It can be removed by removing the clamps and purchasing some rubber caps. I removed mine and put rubber caps on them. Really doesn't make that much of a difference with it off but it gets rid of that big plastic box.

post-5994-1244987227_thumb.jpg

It is a resonater, it cuts down on some of the sound coming out of the exhaust. It is just s plastic box with a couple of chambers. It can be removed by removing the clamps and purchasing some rubber caps. I removed mine and put rubber caps on them. Really doesn't make that much of a difference with it off but it gets rid of that big plastic box.

Thanks for the response and the picture!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What size rubber caps did you buy??

• 7 months later...

Have you? I had a intake on a 2002 SVT focus way to loud, just noise with minimal gains

Will the Edge hake noise with a

edge_cai_750.jpg

and considering a Throttle body spacer

spacer_650.jpg

Your post looks good. I was considering a filter only. Not all new ideas are all that and a bag of chips.

Before you spend a hundred bucks on an inferior "air filter" system with the potential to damage your engine:

Try one of these http://www.amsoil.com/video/company/EaFilters/index.aspx

Edited by Picturepro

reply from K&N in a intake I wrote to him and said..

maybe testing was done and no gains were achieved no kit made?

Richard reply

"That could be a possibility or that we have not got in a Ford Edge. We depend on our consumers to let us do testing on their applications to

design intake systems for them. We could have one currently being developed, but we don’t release any info until the kit is tested and released.

Thanks for writing,

Richard Wotring

Product Support"

Have you? I had a intake on a 2002 SVT focus way to loud, just noise with minimal gains

Will the Edge hake noise with a

edge_cai_750.jpg

and considering a Throttle body spacer

spacer_650.jpg

Your post looks good. I was considering a filter only. Not all new ideas are all that and a bag of chips.

search around here about Steeda... you can find out yourself about the CAI system for the Edge. IIRC, one guy here bought it, and then trued to sell it here. They pretty much say you must buy a tuner - about $300-400 to tweak your engine so that it knows what to do with the new cooler larger airflow.. And if you do not, then they have a limiter sleeve in it and then in the end, IIRC, they wouldn't provide numbers and benefits for that.. point is, get ready to put out for more then their CAI if you want the benefits they say. Search here, you will see some topics. also, IIRC, there were some serious fit issues with the unit and the hood.

I really wanted this CAI system, in the end, after all I read and researched, I just bailed out.

Edited by Lex Talionis