question about the horn

success

hahahahahahahahaha :D :D :D

I am dead Serious :angry: :angry: :angry:

it sounds like the other car on my right side is using his horn.......................

don't worry.. he is known for responses like that :)

anyway, often in cars, there are actually 2 horns. a high and low pitch and they work in tandem to make a single horn blast. not sure if this is the case in the Edge, but if so, it could mean one is not firing. And, often, I have seen them on opposite sides of the radiator for example. so, that can explain why it sounds 1 sided.

• Like 1

I thought it was a perfectly accurate and funny response to a very silly question.

Well, In the case that it has 2 horns, its not the least bit helpful. Like he said, he just took delivery. How does he know what the normal sound should be? Thats like saying if the transmission shifts, don't worry about the strange noises or the fluid dripping out of it? :soapbox:

Well, In the case that it has 2 horns, its not the least bit helpful. Like he said, he just took delivery. How does he know what the normal sound should be? Thats like saying if the transmission shifts, don't worry about the strange noises or the fluid dripping out of it? :soapbox:

He didn't say it sounded funny or strange. He said:

when I use the horn the sound is coming from the right side of the car.

What difference does it make which side of the car the horn sound comes from? Is it written somewhere that the horn has to sound from one particular part of the vehicle?

He didn't say it sounded funny or strange. He said:

What difference does it make which side of the car the horn sound comes from? Is it written somewhere that the horn has to sound from one particular part of the vehicle?

It may be written somewhere. I would expect the sound to come from a central location, not from either side. In a critical situation, other drivers would tend to base their reaction on where the sound of the horn is coming from.

It may be written somewhere. I would expect the sound to come from a central location, not from either side. In a critical situation, other drivers would tend to base their reaction on where the sound of the horn is coming from.

you said it

''I would expect the sound to come from a central location''

and up to now I did not get an answer to my question.

to EDGE owners....................

IS THIS NORMAL?????

you said it

''I would expect the sound to come from a central location''

and up to now I did not get an answer to my question.

to EDGE owners....................

IS THIS NORMAL?????

A few of our forum members need to click here.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2001/08/...he-verbal-abuse

Your Edge is normal

our 08 MKX has its horn is on the right side only!

ab

• 4 months later...

For what is worth now, the Edge has indeed two horns, but they are one on top of the other (rather the standard configuration of one on each side) both are on the right side facing front, and looking from the inside of the vehicle, both are attached in a Y metal piece very easy to remove and replace BTW...connectors are as usual proprietary that need to be replaced and removed...

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely Looking for a replacement horn here .. When I beep the horn would at least like to be heard .. The one on my 09 is lame sounding to say the least ... Esecially in Florida where half the bluehair drivers can't hear anyway .. Or so busy with their cellphone needs a blast to wake them up from their deep consevation of talking about their social security checks ..

• 3 months later...

The horns are on the right side. Open the hood and look down by the back of the headlight. That is where the horns are. IF you want a different sound go to a salvage yard and get something else and relocate them to a center position that will have room or wire them in parallel with the ones on the right side.

Then you can BLAST anyone.hyper.gif

• 2 weeks later...