Found it!!!

igcitng

Just got it. (in fact within 24 hours of ordering it!!)

Installed it. Very easy.

I love the looks and the way it fits the curve of the back bumper.

The lip of the protector appears to be rounded where the Edge bumper has an angled lip.

No problem for me!

Thank you, igcitng, for your efforts in searching and then reporting back to us!

It fills my needs very well.

cdbirch,

Would you mind snapping a closeup pic of the left and right sides? Sorry, I'm a perfectionist. So shoot me.

LOL! You think your Edge is all that now, huh? :)

That is a great pic. I will grab one of mine and post this evening. Looks about the same. As you can see, to even see it you have to be on one side and get down and look it in the eye, and in the sun. To me better than the ding I had, and what else may have happened. I use mine to move a lot of stuff around, so lots of potential.

Be back in a bit with a pic.

Here is a picture...it was hard to get the sun at the correct angle to see it.

Focus was difficult because the sun was so bright...very unusual for Western Pennsylvania!

igcitng, I almost walked past my own car today noticing how nice the bumper protector looked.

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...
I'm wondering if it will fit the MKX????? :stats:

Hi Grey. :D Just to add a heads up: I do not know for sure and am not contradicting anyone. However, since no one is absolutely sure to this point, I would advise double-checking before ordering. While the steel body panels are similar (even exactly the same), the front and in this case rear fascias do differ. And the rear bumper shape may vary enough to make fit questionable.

It may very well fit, but you may want to go to a Ford Dealer and park your MKX next to an Edge and compare bumpers first, especially if the piece is non-refundable. Even if refundable, it may be less hassle to stop and compare bumpers than have to ship the piece back.

Just a thought.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Grey. :D Just to add a heads up: I do not know for sure and am not contradicting anyone. However, since no one is absolutely sure to this point, I would advise double-checking before ordering. While the steel body panels are similar (even exactly the same), the front and in this case rear fascias do differ. And the rear bumper shape may vary enough to make fit questionable.

It may very well fit, but you may want to go to a Ford Dealer and park your MKX next to an Edge and compare bumpers first, especially if the piece is non-refundable. Even if refundable, it may be less hassle to stop and compare bumpers than have to ship the piece back.

Just a thought.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Yep and I should know. I just traded in my Edge when we got the Fusion Hybrid. They sat next to each other for 2 years. I'll be making the trip to my dealer in a few days, so will compare them there. Something tells me they could easily be different since the license plate is in the MKX bumper skin and the back up sensors are up very high - just under the lip.

Regardless, they sure look great on the Edge. Hope I can find something similar, it this doesn't look doable.

Thanks

That may be their part #. I would confirm that it is a Bushwacker brand and their part number. This cover is also made for the xD and some other little tiny toyota hatchback. It looks the same, but the size is important, and the xB is the bigger of the Toyotas it is made for.

I got my bumper protector Friday from trdsparks. I installed it, and five hours later left for a 1200 mile weekend roadtrip. The install could not have been easier. The whole thing including a good wash down of the bumper didn't take 5 minutes. The fit is great. I will take some pics when I get a chance. BTW, it looks the same as the bushwhacker in the original post, so I think the part number problem noted above is a non-issue.

Edited by feelin edgy

OK-- How about one made for the Edge?

http://fparts.dealerfit.com/store/shopping...6d5ab47d00e9b63

I think you need to go back and read the original post. Some folks don't like the Ford protector because it doesn't protect the edge of the bumper. I have the Ford version and am happy with it, but if I didn't have it already, I would probably have gone with the one for the Scion.

Additionally, this is the description of the bumper protector available from ford.

"Affix this scuff-resistant vinyl appliqué to the top of your vehicle’s rear bumper in order to help protect the upper surface from paint damage that can occur during the loading and unloading of cargo."

I wanted something a little more substantial than a "scuff resistant vinyl applique". The part from Bushwhacker is very substantial.