Found it!!!

igcitng

I sure am glad I tuned into this form, @Igciting. I took your advice, and pruchased the rear bumper cover. It got here today from "Bushwhacker". It fits perfectly and installed easily, Looks great. Henry Ford himself would have approved. Thanks for pointing the way.

shades.gif

Edited by igcitng

I sure am glad I tuned into this form, @Igciting. I took your advice, and pruchased the rear bumper cover. It got here today from "Bushwhacker". It fits perfectly and installed easily, Looks great. Henry Ford himself would have approved. Thanks for pointing the way.

My original post with pictures also shows the sensors.

Edited by igcitng

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Glad I looked this up. Just spent most of the day yesterday cleaning, claying, and waxing our MKX and while we were out at folks today I was trying to unload the boxer (dog) out of the rear. I always lift her in and out to reduce any chances but I forgot to block her as the gate was going up, she jumped out, and put a scratch on our bumper. I got most of it out, but I can still see it. I may look into this Toyota/Scion part.

What is wrong with factory bumper protector?

Old dog, the problems with the factory protector are that it is almost a peel and stick decal, and it does not extend over the lip of the bumper, leaving the most likely are to be damaged exposed. The bushwhacker product is thick and curves over the edge of the bumper.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @igciting for getting this discussion going, and the leg work. I was bummed out when i found out ASL didn't supply the other protector many here had, and was not looking forward to sourcing another part!

The cheapest available that I can find at this time is out of partsgeek.com:

http://www.partsgeek.com/pdproducts/PC/28577-03148119.html?utm_source=shoppingcom&utm_medium=pf&utm_term=2008-2010+Scion+xB+Bumper+Pad+Retainer+Strip+-+Bushwacker&utm_content=pc&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+ShoppingCom for $57.65 (free shipping). However, it would seem that if you search within the page, the price is over $61... I was redirected from outside sites, and the $57.65 was the best around.

Or maybe I'm just really beat, and the ice cold fermented canned beverages I've been consuming are kicking in, and the prices are all the same...

Thanks @igciting for getting this discussion going, and the leg work. I was bummed out when i found out ASL didn't supply the other protector many here had, and was not looking forward to sourcing another part!

The cheapest available that I can find at this time is out of partsgeek.com:

http://www.partsgeek...eek+ShoppingCom for $57.65 (free shipping). However, it would seem that if you search within the page, the price is over $61... I was redirected from outside sites, and the $57.65 was the best around.

Or maybe I'm just really beat, and the ice cold fermented canned beverages I've been consuming are kicking in, and the prices are all the same...

Did you order one? It is a nice protector and that is still a great price.

Did you order one? It is a nice protector and that is still a great price.

Yup- ordered it from Sparks. PartsGeek never got back to me (wsa buying this and a K&N filter- their loss!).. Should be in next week some time. problem is I have stuff shipped to my US property, so have to get down there to pick it up (and stay long enough to get it through customs without paying duty.

Will post pics when it is in. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to add additional thanks to igcitng for the tip on getting the Scion XB bumper protector. Got one for my wife's 2008 Edge, from Spark's, and it fits and looks great. Covers up all the scratches in the rear bumper. Biggest factor was just getting around to actually ordering it, installation is easy and peel and stick. Thanks for the tip, and recommended for anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey, great product I may look into getting something like this. I have a few questions

will this help protect from another car tapping into yours when in a parking lot or loose shopping carts or is this more for protection when pulling things in and out of your cargo area?

also has anyone tried / heard about / or have pics of an edge (pref 08) with this installed?

grill guard

hey, great product I may look into getting something like this. I have a few questions

will this help protect from another car tapping into yours when in a parking lot or loose shopping carts or is this more for protection when pulling things in and out of your cargo area?

Nope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone... looks like I will be able to get one of these for my 2010 Edge! I initially ordered and installed a different bumper protector manufactured by Dawn Enterprises before reading this. The protector looked almost as good but after 3 hours in the sun, several large elongated air bubble / blisters appeared on the top surface. They gladly replaced it - twice. Unfortunately, both replacements blistered in the sun as well. Waiting for a refund...

Has anyone been to a Scion dealer (especially Canadians) and seen how much they are charging for these? Shipping plus duty seems to be over $100 or more for the part. I have a Scion dealer around the corner from me, I wonder if it would be easier to order from them? Anyone?

or, for that matter, anyone have an alternative way of protecting that lip? I Notice the herculiner guy didn't respond with pics but that is a good idea. What about a layer or two of the 3M clear bra stuff (Scotchcal), would that do the trick? I am a little concerned about getting dirt and water in behind and ending up with the lower edge peeling up a little. Any alternatives are worth exploring, right?

.. so I just checked and found a place in Canada that sells the 3M Scotchcal up to 12mil thick. The site is here and I am not affiliated with them but I would assume they are not the only place to get this thick film. At 12mil its about as thick as you can get in a tape, it's 12 thousandths of an inch which is about as thick as a standard shower curtain.

Edited by perfik

• 3 months later...

Just want to reinforce a point that's been made. I just installed the Scion protector on my 2011 LTD. Initially, I followed the mfg directions and worked from the middle. This caused gapping on the corners of the wrap-around edge. I pulled the whole thing up (most of the tape was still intact) and worked the opposite direction, ie, from wrap-around edge towards the rear of the bumper. The fit was perfect. I had previously notched the back edge of the protector to account for the 4 center-most trim screws that attach the bumper cover to car. If you work from front to back, you definately need to notch where the screws are because they will be completely hidden by the protector. If this were a virgin install instead of a retry, I'd suggest that you run the middle and rear tape backings (red) out the back rather than front edge of the protector. When you strip the red backings off the tape, do so at an extreme angle or the backings will tear. Great fit on the second try, looks like it belongs on the car and the wrap-around edge will definitely save some wear and tear.

Just want to reinforce a point that's been made. I just installed the Scion protector on my 2011 LTD. Initially, I followed the mfg directions and worked from the middle. This caused gapping on the corners of the wrap-around edge. I pulled the whole thing up (most of the tape was still intact) and worked the opposite direction, ie, from wrap-around edge towards the rear of the bumper. The fit was perfect. I had previously notched the back edge of the protector to account for the 4 center-most trim screws that attach the bumper cover to car. If you work from front to back, you definately need to notch where the screws are because they will be completely hidden by the protector. If this were a virgin install instead of a retry, I'd suggest that you run the middle and rear tape backings (red) out the back rather than front edge of the protector. When you strip the red backings off the tape, do so at an extreme angle or the backings will tear. Great fit on the second try, looks like it belongs on the car and the wrap-around edge will definitely save some wear and tear.

In my original thread about the protector I discuss how to put it on to get a good fit because of the bend. I also added extra tape because of the bend, so watch to see if it lifts. It also worked better to put it on front to back to 'persuede' the rounded edge to form a little to the corner on the Edge bumper. The 2011-2012 looks to have a narrower bumper, my 2008 took the cover easily without cutting anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is for everyone that has a 2011 MKX. I decided to take a chance and order the Scion XB Bumper Protector and I received it today. I Installed it with out any problems. The fit is really good. I did add some additional 3M tape at each end along the flat surface and at the back edge corners to seal it from any water penetration. I also closed off the slight gap at each rear corner with Black Marine adhesive silicon.

• 2 months later...