Found it!!!

igcitng

I just ordered one of these Scion XB parts for my 2011 Edge. Thank you, OP, for finding this bumper protector.

I hope it looks good on my silver Edge. I don't have any black accents anywhere, and my interior is tan. I have a German Shepherd that likes to leap in and out of the vehicle, so I was getting nervous.

• 1 month later...

I installed mine a few weeks ago, and it is already starting to come loose on the left side. I have about 9" of it that isn't connected anymore. During installation, I added a strip of double-sided tape all the way across the front lip just to make sure it was snug. I can see that rain water was been following the weather stripping around the back hatch to the back bumper, and water is getting behind the bumper protector making it come loose.

Has anyone else had it come loose or used something special to connect it to the car? It has only rained on my vehicle 2 or 3 times and I've washed it twice.

Edited by Gator

• 2 months later...

Put it on my 08 MKX. Wasn't sure because the edge and MKX bumpers looked slightly different. It left a very tiny gap at the corner, but looks good and seems to hold fine. I bought some extra double sided tape, but decide I really didn't need any. I figure if it ever starts comes off in the future, I'll just alcohol swab it and put it back on. It's been on now about 2 months through lots of rain with no issues at all.

• 9 months later...

Thanks for sharing-I just got a used 2008 Edge-Dark Ink Blue Metallic, and rear bumper (and edge of bumper) has many scratches, tiny gouges, etc. This will cover and protect from future problems. Much appreciated.

No way. I have a 2008 Ink Blue, too! Beautiful color, but I'm not conscerned with the amount of scratches, yet.

• 1 month later...

After scrapping the paint off the edge of the bumper on our 2012 Edge Limited, I purchased and Installed the Bushwacker model #114001 made for 08-10 Scion XB and it fit like a glove. Took me about 15 minutes to complete the installation. Love the way it protects the edge of the bumper.

f5561a85650c40c585cb7ce2f76c8239.jpg5994d1ff0b6842008abf8ec36a7cfcd5.jpg

Edited by Gary Burdick

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

note: I noticed on mine when I installed it (Scion XB unit) the center 24" or so is too close the curve of the bumper molding. In other words the inner curve or arc is shallower on the protector than the bumper causing the gap to not be uniform from the edges to the middle. I used a piece of metal forced into an arc that would correct the inner arc and then scored with a very shape knife until I finally made it thru the thick plastic of the protector. Worked nice, I then used several beads of black body trim RTV to secure. Been installed now for ~3 years