Why does Consumer Reports show that the 2007 Edges have significant Transmission and Drive problems?

jones391

Look under the maintenance / tsb section for 'burning smell' thread. I dumped my 08 Edge last February because of it and also noted it in my annual consumer reports survey and anyone I know that is looking to buy a Ford. The Edge was the worst new car I ever purchased. No 'new car smell' with that car. I feel bad for the guys that are stuck with this, I took about a $2500 loss on this and it will be the last Ford me or my family will purchase especially with all the issues with the F150's we have had. Yea I'm still a bit sour about it..

I would recommend something other than an Edge - it looks nice but I think Ford rushed it to market. They were initially going after the Nissan Murano market but the quality just isn't up to par. Since the Edge was introduced there are so many other choices out there.

If I were to do it again, I would certainly shop around more.

My Edge is just over a year old and I have had the drive shaft changed, both PTU seals, and now I am waiting to get a flush on the heater core. I expect more surprises in the New Year to see what other problems will crop up.

Do get sucked into the 0% financing over 60 or 72 mo.

Keep Shopping!

Gary

and another one here titled 08 edge ptu ..

:baby: Get over it, it's time to move on, PLEASE!!

it is truly amazing how many views and post under those PTU threads... and yet we all got a letter about the heater core issue, an issue I never heard of until I got the letter :eek5:

:yup:

I would recommend something other than an Edge - it looks nice but I think Ford rushed it to market. They were initially going after the Nissan Murano market but the quality just isn't up to par. Since the Edge was introduced there are so many other choices out there.

If I were to do it again, I would certainly shop around more.

My Edge is just over a year old and I have had the drive shaft changed, both PTU seals, and now I am waiting to get a flush on the heater core. I expect more surprises in the New Year to see what other problems will crop up.

Do get sucked into the 0% financing over 60 or 72 mo.

Keep Shopping!

Gary

:rant: Get over it, it's time to move on, PLEASE!! :baby:

Our 08 finally had to go in. We had a squeaking right rear shock, replaced at 27+K miles.

I do find myself arguing with Sync, she keeps wanting to call steFANEEE (Stefani) instead of Steve.

Other than that :happy feet:

ab

Thanks,

This has really opened my eyes.

So has anyone had problems with the FWD only Edge's, 2007-2009?

Or should I stay away from the Edge all together

Most of the major issues I've seen on this forum have dealt with the AWD models. With the exception of burned tail light sockets, my 09 LTD FWD has been a pleasure to own and drive.

I would buy another AWD tomorrow. I have 31k miles on my 08 Limited and have had no problems other than a bad battery.

Even if I do happened to have a problem, who cares, that's what warranty's are for.

I love mine!

Same here love our 09 Edge AWD LTD, we have 29000km and no problems. It aws said here before, the ones with problem make more noice then the ones with no problem......

Edited by Sparky

:baby: Get over it, it's time to move on, PLEASE!!

Why are you even posting on this thread ? You have adding nothing for the OP's question but your stupid opinion and non-topic issue. Some of us were not as fortunate as you to get a good one. The wife constantly reminds me of my bad decision to get the Edge when she wanted a Murano but I insisted on supporting Ford in their time of need so I can not get over it until she does. I wish I had looked here before buying as I would not even be here now. Keep on topic or go away.

Why are you even posting on this thread ? You have adding nothing for the OP's question but your stupid opinion and non-topic issue. Some of us were not as fortunate as you to get a good one. The wife constantly reminds me of my bad decision to get the Edge when she wanted a Murano but I insisted on supporting Ford in their time of need so I can not get over it until she does. I wish I had looked here before buying as I would not even be here now. Keep on topic or go away.

As you could see, the Murano (If you look over the post) Is not as perfect as you may of thought.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/vi...mp;model=Murano

I sympathize with you about your wife.

My wife wanted a Moron but I talked her into….. OOooPPppSSss

SORRY OFF TOPIC.

ab

• 3 weeks later...

Look under the maintenance / tsb section for 'burning smell' thread. I dumped my 08 Edge last February because of it and also noted it in my annual consumer reports survey and anyone I know that is looking to buy a Ford. The Edge was the worst new car I ever purchased. No 'new car smell' with that car. I feel bad for the guys that are stuck with this, I took about a $2500 loss on this and it will be the last Ford me or my family will purchase especially with all the issues with the F150's we have had. Yea I'm still a bit sour about it..

You should let Detroit know immediately! Ford just swept the 2010 Detroit Auto show taking every category.

With 3 total posts, it appears as though you are a troll. My anecdotal history with Ford, as well as Ford's rating with auto makers (sweeping Detroit) seems to agree with me.

I have owned 6 Fords and they have been the most dependable and rewarding cars I have owned. As a mechanic, I work on my friends and relatives Chevrolet and foreign car products far more often, and for silly reasons.

When we went to buy my current 07 Edge, we initially went looking for a Murano. Carmax had a selectiojn of Murano's as well as other vehicles in the same class. We drove several vehicles, but when I drove the Edge my mind was changed. I had never even heard of the Edge until that night, and we changed our mind from the Murano to the Edge. It just drove better and felt better. I think i have a mechanics "feel" but it could be in my mind. Either way, we went for a Murano and bought a Ford Edge.

Consumer reports is not that reliable. tell consumer reports Ford did not take any government funding and just swept Detroit auto show...read between the lines....they beat Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acrua, GM, Dodge, etc.........and not just beat them....they swept them. I think that says something about the company and their products.

Edited by petedacook

Why does Consumer Reports show that the 2007 Edges have significant Transmission and Drive problems?

Can anyone explain why?

I have an Escape and I am looking into an Edge.

Ford DID NOT increase the amount of $S they spend on ADVERTISING donations with CONsumer reports!

ab

Edited by ablb

Of course not, because CR doesn't accept advertising.

I have issues with CR's survey and their vehicle reviews but advertising is not part of the equation.

Sorry about being a little vague. I edited my org post.

Check any of the links at the bottom of this link.

http://www.consumerwebwatch.org/index.cfm

Here's a good one

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/03/18/consumer_reports/

I don't know how they would explain this $18 UUHhMm

On the right below "Click here to SUBSCRIBE"

http://forums.consumerreports.org/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=cr-camera01

It’ll take you here.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/C8/SHM/subscribe.jsp?cds_page_id=42071&cds_mag_code=SHM&id=1263861498742&lsid=30181838187013968&vid=1&cds_response_key=IW7BSDB

ab

Sorry about being a little vague. I edited my org post.

Check any of the links at the bottom of this link.

http://www.consumerwebwatch.org/index.cfm

Here's a good one

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/03/18/consumer_reports/

I don't know how they would explain this $18 UUHhMm

On the right below "Click here to SUBSCRIBE"

http://forums.consumerreports.org/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=cr-camera01

It’ll take you here.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/C8/SHM/subscribe.jsp?cds_page_id=42071&cds_mag_code=SHM&id=1263861498742&lsid=30181838187013968&vid=1&cds_response_key=IW7BSDB

ab

I still don't understand. You think product mfrs are somehow giving money to CR in return for better reviews?

• 2 weeks later...

You should let Detroit know immediately! Ford just swept the 2010 Detroit Auto show taking every category.

With 3 total posts, it appears as though you are a troll. My anecdotal history with Ford, as well as Ford's rating with auto makers (sweeping Detroit) seems to agree with me.

I have owned 6 Fords and they have been the most dependable and rewarding cars I have owned. As a mechanic, I work on my friends and relatives Chevrolet and foreign car products far more often, and for silly reasons.

When we went to buy my current 07 Edge, we initially went looking for a Murano. Carmax had a selectiojn of Murano's as well as other vehicles in the same class. We drove several vehicles, but when I drove the Edge my mind was changed. I had never even heard of the Edge until that night, and we changed our mind from the Murano to the Edge. It just drove better and felt better. I think i have a mechanics "feel" but it could be in my mind. Either way, we went for a Murano and bought a Ford Edge.

Consumer reports is not that reliable. tell consumer reports Ford did not take any government funding and just swept Detroit auto show...read between the lines....they beat Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acrua, GM, Dodge, etc.........and not just beat them....they swept them. I think that says something about the company and their products.

I agree 150%

This is the first Ford my wife and I have owned and it's still running well after 45k on the clock. The only problem I had with it is the throttle body needed replacing. Since then, it's been a hell of a lot more reliable than the Maximas I owned and it didn't come with a telephone book of TSBs like my '02 Maxima SE did.