2011 Edge and MKX Interiors

Wow. Just wow. Check the links for more details on how MyFord and MyLincoln will work. It makes Sync look like a toy and blows away everything else in the market - including iDrive. You can carry your preferences with you to any equipped Ford Vehicle. I would imagine you can even keep it on your iPhone and have it sync automatically via bluetooth when you start the car (pun intended).

And check out the quality of the interiors. Who would buy a Murano or SRX over these?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/07/myford-touch-proves-that-the-shape-of-things-to-come-is-awesome/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/myford-dash-and-sync-app-ecosystem-make-us-want-a-blue-oval/

11_myford_sony_02_dashboard_hr.jpg

2011mkx.jpg

• Like 1

Where should the tweeters be placed? I'm always learning.......

High on the door most imports put them behind the mirror mount on the door faced at the driver /pass.

Off the glass is the worst thing you can do for true sound, the sound bounces and give a very harsh sound.

Like most Obama Motors (GM) that have them on the pillar just piss poor planning. Just be glad we dont have

the BLOSE system (Better Sound Thru Marketing) Although the sony is crap as well. For half the money they charge for there "PREMIUM"

crap you can have a great sounding stereo.

The interior looks like a hit and I cant wait to see it in person. Keep the news coming, any outside shots, engine/tranny news, anything. My lease is up Feb 2011 and would like to try for another Limited AWD. Very satisfied with the quality and build. An outstanding job by the folks at Oakville.

Wow!!! That's what I had been hoping for! Lets hope that Ford stays true to this type of design and forward thinking as far as the innovation theyre showing. Fingers crossed.

Wow. Just wow. Check the links for more details on how MyFord and MyLincoln will work. It makes Sync look like a toy and blows away everything else in the market - including iDrive. You can carry your preferences with you to any equipped Ford Vehicle. I would imagine you can even keep it on your iPhone and have it sync automatically via bluetooth when you start the car (pun intended).

And check out the quality of the interiors. Who would buy a Murano or SRX over these?

http://www.autoblog....ome-is-awesome/

http://www.engadget....nt-a-blue-oval/

11_myford_sony_02_dashboard_hr.jpg

2011mkx.jpg

For everyone who does a lease....how long do you do the contracts for? Is it that much better than buying it?

First, it's never better per se, just a different way of financing. Leasing is essentially buying a new vehicle, driving it for 27 or 39 months (those are the typical Ford lease intervals), then selling it back to the dealer. The difference is if you're buying then you front all the money (with a loan if you're not paying cash), then you get money back when you sell it. The difference is how much the vehicle depreciated during that time. e.g. if you paid $35K and sold it after 39 months for $20K then it cost you $15K (not counting interest). With a lease you take the car and you only pay the $15K over 39 months (plus interest) so the monthly payment is lower.

Forget about leasing or buying - how long do you want to keep the vehicle? Buying a new vehicle every 2-3 years is much more expensive than buying it and keeping it 5 or 6 years or longer. If you want to spend the money and drive a new one every 2-3 years then by all means check into leasing as a way to finance. But it won't save you money overall.

• Like 1

Great post! Looks interesting!!! Cars and tech.... great combo.... One thing I would like to add is a manual transmission. I know its not a popular addition and I am probably the only one who would want it, but that is what I prefer to drive.

That's the problem - you and the other two guys that want one isn't enough to justify the development and production cost. Even on sports cars the take rate is very low. The one advantage that the imports have is that manuals are in more demand in Europe so they can offer them here even in low volume.

Looks like manually controllable automatics is the best that you'll get on these.

is looking ver awesome.

Like the interieur of the edge more, too.

Lincoln is looking strange a bit, i think.

also a leather trim on the dashboard and i would love the new edge.

Are there new exterieur pics now. When will be the first presentation of the edge?

Greets from Germany

Marc

is looking ver awesome.

Like the interieur of the edge more, too.

Lincoln is looking strange a bit, i think.

also a leather trim on the dashboard and i would love the new edge.

Are there new exterieur pics now. When will be the first presentation of the edge?

Greets from Germany

Marc

We should see the new MKX sometime this week at the Detroit Auto Show. The Edge may wait for the Chicago or New York show.

For everyone who does a lease....how long do you do the contracts for? Is it that much better than buying it?

I have been leasing my vehicles for over 15 years now. I always get tired of them after 3 years and when I did purchase them I always wound up taking a" lose" (?). A lease will put you in a more expensive vehicle for less money down and if you shop smartly less cost per month. In addition you have full warranty coverage while you have it. Back in 2004 I actually purchase a Merc Sable because there were no good leasing deals and the sable had a very good purchase deal. 36 months later I traded it in for a lease, my 07 Edge

to answer your question I lease most of my vehicles for 36 or 39 months

Edited by tpm419419