Radio

igcitng

While sitting in traffic this morning listening to my iPod the radio turned itself off. Pressed the knob and it came right back on. This has happened before, and since it has happened again now I am curious why. Anyone else heard of this? Thanks.

I've expereinced this a couple of times as well. Press the knob and the radio powers back on and works fine without any issues. I've only had this happen 2 or 3 times in 8 months of ownership.

Thats odd wacko.gif Radios should not just turn off on their own. stop.gif Have you contacted the Dealer to see if you can get it replaced redcard.gif

I agree, weird. I have not brought it to the dealer because if they cannot duplicate it they waste your time and send you home. If I get it serviced I may ask them to check it to see if there is a short or something.

While sitting in traffic this morning listening to my iPod the radio turned itself off. Pressed the knob and it came right back on. This has happened before, and since it has happened again now I am curious why. Anyone else heard of this? Thanks.

This has happened to me a couple times as well. I've only ever noticed it when I have my iPod on though. Could be coincidence, but I have never noticed it happening while there is a cd or just the radio on. I will be headed to the dealer tomorrow if it doesn't start snowing early, definitely going to have to ask them to take a look at it along with everything else that needs to be fixed.

Let’s see…

Apple …...... iPod :chairshot:

Microsoft … Sync :devil2:

HHhMMm :gang:

Seriously, start taking some mental notes when your radios shut down. (We don’t have an iPod, our BMW with an add on adapter burned the iPod display out)

Example: Radio, iPod on..radio shuts down at 2:05

Stopped at red light

or

At 2:07 you receive a call answered by sync

or

Making a full lock left turn in a parking lot

ab

My wife has an 08 Taurus X, and this has happened to us as well, maybe 5 times in 2 years. Just driving down the road and suddenly the stereo shuts off. Press the power button and it's back on. It won't happen again for months. We asked the dealer and they couldn't explain it, but they offered to replace the unit if we want them to. We're approaching 36,000 miles and I'm not sure if I want them tearing into the dash or not for this. Also worried they may mess up our Sirius subscription if they switch radios.

Yes, this has happened to me as well. Maybe 3 times a year or so. It does come right back on though.

I listen to Sirius 90% of the time.

I've got an '08 AWD. The radio shuts off quite often. I'd say once every other day. I've noticed something else as well: I've got an XM radio that is powered through the accessory port. The XM turns itself off as well with about the same frequency. (When I use the XM at home in the cradle it only turns off when I 'turn' it off.) The rest of the 'electrics' in the car seem to be fine.

• 1 month later...

I had this same issue happen for the first time after owning my 08 Edge Limited for a year and a half. Previous to this I would occassionally hear fluctuations in the volume. Sometimes when I am starting off from a stop others when just driving. I'm thinking a possible short. Any other ideas or has this happened to anyone else?

I had this same issue happen for the first time after owning my 08 Edge Limited for a year and a half. Previous to this I would occassionally hear fluctuations in the volume. Sometimes when I am starting off from a stop others when just driving. I'm thinking a possible short. Any other ideas or has this happened to anyone else?

The volume fluctuation is normal & can be adjusted several steps. Its to compensate for the greater noise level when driving. It comes up on the menu when adjusting the bass,treble,fader etc.

The radio has never shut itself off though.

• 2 years later...

Hi all, Thanks for making me know I'm not alone here. Heading out for the Sunday paper, sitting at the red light and the radio (basic FM) shut off. At first I thought I had a message coming through my Droid, nope it took a second, but the radio actually turned itself off? I turned it back on, it's fine? Only owned this Edge for a few months and was concerned it was an isolated incident. I love this vehicle and would hate to move it along so soon. Thanks for your information.