2010 oil filters - 07-09's wont fit

MacLeod

Also, once you are around longer you will realize that akirby is not a troll. Sometimes a bit blunt in his replies :poke: , but a helpful member on the forums nevertheless.

I have been here only since January and have indeed made the connection.

I will be blunt and say I consider akirby to be a troll. His "blunt" behaviour is inexcusable no matter how much he may contribute in any forum It is not MacLeod who needs to "reflect" on his behaviour no matter how new he is to the forum. He and I are "Ford" customers not akirby's whipping post.

• Like 1

I have been here only since January and have indeed made the connection.

I will be blunt and say I consider akirby to be a troll. His "blunt" behaviour is inexcusable no matter how much he may contribute in any forum It is not MacLeod who needs to "reflect" on his behaviour no matter how new he is to the forum. He and I are "Ford" customers not akirby's whipping post.

Hi Tribby. :D I was not and am not trying to argue with anyone. I was simply trying to avoid unnecessary arguments. if possible.

I do wonder why you quoted my previous post and the word "reflect" when you stated "It is not MacLeod who needs to "reflect" on his behavior no matter how new he is to the forum." I do need to point out that I never stated that MacLeod needed to "reflect" on his behavior, or anything else. The word "blunt' (which you also quoted) I used in reference to akirby. The word "reflect" I never used in reference to MacLeod or anyone else, so I am curious as to why it was used while quoting my previous reply.

And I took no sides. Just wanted to make that clear.

Again, I was only trying to defuse the situation. I can see that did not work, so I will simply wish good luck to everyone and step out of the debate. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Sticks and stones.........

I think you both consider anyone who doesn't agree with you a troll. That's not the definition, although I'm sure you don't care.

I don't like to see any company or individual blamed for something that isn't their fault.

There are two ways to handle the situation. One is to simply say "I forgot to look in the OM and I had to wait an extra day to get the oil filter from the dealer with an outrageous markup." End of story.

But to chastise Ford for "randomly" changing the filter and then accuse them of purposely withholding them from Wal-Mart is preposterous.

Like I said, I'm willing to forget it and move on as soon as you guys stop throwing around the T word.

Sticks and stones.........

I think you both consider anyone who doesn't agree with you a troll. That's not the definition, although I'm sure you don't care.

I don't like to see any company or individual blamed for something that isn't their fault.

There are two ways to handle the situation. One is to simply say "I forgot to look in the OM and I had to wait an extra day to get the oil filter from the dealer with an outrageous markup." End of story.

But to chastise Ford for "randomly" changing the filter and then accuse them of purposely withholding them from Wal-Mart is preposterous.

Like I said, I'm willing to forget it and move on as soon as you guys stop throwing around the T word.

Would you like to just call this a big misunderstanding and start over?

Or are you going to keep acting like a 2 year old?

283rxv.jpg

Need I say more?

Edited by MacLeod

I'm done here. You can post all the funny pictures you want - doesn't change the facts.

I have a few pet peeves that really push my buttons and this is one of them. I realize I should just ignore it and move on but sometimes I get too caught up in it and for that I apologize.

I'm done here. You can post all the funny pictures you want - doesn't change the facts.

I have a few pet peeves that really push my buttons and this is one of them. I realize I should just ignore it and move on but sometimes I get too caught up in it and for that I apologize.

You can't confuse them with facts when their mind is made up----- BTDT--- and direct talk here is verbotten!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, wanted to give a heads up to anyone that doesnt know - the oil filters for 2007-2009 will NOT fit a 2010. Whats worse is the only ones you can find in stores are crappy ones like Supertech at Walmart or STP at Autozone. Oreilly has a Wix which isnt half bad but youll have to go to your Ford dealer to buy the proper Motorcraft one which is a FL500S I believe. Fram, K&N and others make filters thatll fit but they have to be special ordered, at least in my neck of the woods.

I bought the FL400S Motorcraft at Walmart today and after dumping all my oil and unscrewing my filter, I discovered it wouldnt fit.....and it was 8:45 PM. So my Edge will spend the night in the garage with no oil in it til tomorrow when I will go to the ONE store nearby that has a Wix thatll fit.

This is the stupidest crap Ive ever heard.

I'm not sure who to blame if theres is even any point in blaming anyone at all. Bottom Line is that the Ford & the Retailers need to improve their lines of communication. I'm sure that auto parts such as Adv Auto, Autozone, Oreilly's, etc... are updated on when new parts are introduced. However, Walmart may not be updated.

Lets try to focus on how we can deal with this.... what has worked out well for me is by going to http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2010&m=Ford&mo=Edge#&&/wEXAQUHaGlzdG9yeQUEdHJ1ZbeJQwrDnn1brKWLK+LH7viyyDAr and either typing in oil filter into the search or you can select search by parts number and then you can type in FL500S. This will give you the option to select a dealer near you and you have the option of picking up the filter to avoid any s/h charges. On top of that they usually have the filters at a discounted price. I paid $5.99 after tax for our filter.

Hope this helps out